HomeBase2 Repeater mode

Hello,
I am on the latest version of the Eufy Security App (4.7.2_1307) and have connected a doorbell and few cameras successfully. My HomeBase2 is setup with an Ethernet connection. I would like to connect an additional HomeBase2 as a repeater to assist with network.
When I try to change the Connection to WiFi, the icon just keeps turning around and gives me an error “The App and device are not on same WiFi network.” I’m not sure why since I can’t even configure that device to use WiFi yet.
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you
-S

Hi,

If you want to connect your additional HomeBase2 to your Wi-Fi you must first have it connected to your network with an ethernet cable then after that you may proceed to connect it wirelessly and remove the ethernet cable.
The error you are seeing, it’s just saying that you need to have your phone connected to the same Wi-Fi (2.4 ghz) that you want your HomeBase to connect to.

Also… you can’t connect 2 HomeBases together. You can use them separately though.

Thanks for your response. Yes, I do have it connected to Ethernet and added to my Eufy app, however I want to change the Connection to use WiFi and that’s where I’m stuck as I don’t get a screen to type any WiFi information.
I’m hoping to use the second HomeBase2 as a Repeater to help with the WiFi signal.
Thanks,

Hmmm… :thinking:
Check the firmware on new HomeBase, see if it’s up to date and if it matches your original HomeBase firmware.

As far as I know, you can’t use your second HomeBase as a repeater for your first HomeBase to extend it’s Wi-Fi coverage/range…

Homebases don’t communicate with each other so you can’t use one as a repeater to extend your range. You also can’t use modes across Homebases so more than one is a pain to manage.

OK thank you. But I could use it as a second HomeBase connected via WiFi correct?
Thanks.

Yes, you can use the second HomeBase and connect to your router via Wi-Fi.
Then move that HomeBase closer to the camera that’s out of range while still having a good connection to your Wi-Fi.

You’ll need to remove the camera from your first HB and then add it to your second HB.

_ were you able to connect it to your Wi-Fi?

No, I am unable to change the Connection Mode from Ethernet to WiFi. When I click on WiFi, the icon(smiley face) just keeps going round and round and then I get the error “Your app and device are not connected to the same WiFi network. Please switch to the same network and try again”. So, its confusing since I don’t even get to type in my WiFi settings anywhere. I’ve opened a support ticket, but they’re not helpful either as they say “Make sure you’re connected to same WiFi”
Also, I have 3 HomeBase2 routers that I’ve tried to change the Connection from Ethernet to WiFi, and I get the same error in all of them.

Hi, sorry for the late reply as I’m having issues logging into the forum via a web browser and accessing it through eufy app is a nightmare.
Anyhow were you able to make the Wi-Fi connection to HB2?
As I mentioned it before… And this is the only thing I can think of that’s not allowing you to connect is that your cell phone also needs to be connected to your homes Wi-Fi network and on the 2.4 GHz band make sure it’s not connected to the 5.0 GHz
Settings”;

->Click “Connection” to enter the Settings page, and then click “Wi-Fi Setup”.

Select your Wi-Fi from the Wi-Fi list (the same used by your phone), and configure Wi-Fi to the HomeBase;

→ Remove the wired connection cable from your HomeBase. You will hear a series of voice prompts saying “HomeBase is disconnected from the network”, followed by “Switched to the repeater mode”. This indicates that HomeBase has entered “Wi-Fi Connection Mode”.

Hello,
No worries, and I appreciate you replying. My cell phone is connected to the WiFi at home and to the 2.4GHz network. I open the Eufy App on my phone, then click select the new homebase, click Connection - it says “Ethernet Connected”. Then I click WiFi Setup and the smiley icon just turns and turns. So I can’t even get to a screen that allows me to select the WiFi SSID.
Thanks,

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: hmmm. Sounds to me you’re doing it right. There’s some kind of glitch going on and you tried with another HomeBase2 too and still could not connect wirelessly.
Try this, the HB2 that you’re trying to connect to your wireless network, remove it from the app then powered it OFF disconnect the ethernet cable.
Start the process to add the HB back to the app but, instead of adding it to the “Home” you already have created, make a second Home for that HB then see if you’re able to connect it via Wi-Fi.

So, I tried that and unfortunately the HomeBase2 started blinking blue and I couldn’t add it to the Eufy Security app at all. I tried factory reset but it wouldn’t switch to a solid blue at all.
But… I think I’ve solved the problems.

1. The main issue was that I wasn’t able to open the Wi-Fi Setup options (under HomeBase > General >Connections) using the Eufy Security app (V4.7.5_1331) on iPhone 14 Pro iOS version 17.0.3.

After endless troubleshooting with Eufy support and researching the web for this, I decided to use a different device. I had previously used two different iPhones (on diff. versions) and neither had worked. So, I used my old iPad mini 4, version 15.7.9 and was finally successful in getting to the Wi-Fi setup menu. Please note, there were absolutely no changes with the home WiFi network, but using the Eufy Security app (V4.7.5_1331) on the iPad worked.

1. Recently, while trying to add two new HomeBase2 to the Eufy Security app, I would only get a blue blinking light and it would fail to add to the app.

I tried troubleshooting this as well by doing a factory reset, but it still was blinking blue. Using my iPhone 14 Pro iOS version 17.0.3, I used the built in Home app and decided to try it to add the HomeBase2. That worked and it was successfully added and the Homebase2 was solid blue. After this I could also see it in the Eufy Security app. Once I was able to see it in the Eufy Security app, I removed it from the Home app. and it continued to work.

So, not sure why the Eufy app on iPhone wouldn’t work in either case, but hoping they fix it. For now, I think I can call this closed as I have a workaround.
Thank you all for your time and assistance with this issue.

:+1: smart thinking, about using another phone / pad device.
Also for explaining your troubleshooting / workaround as it may help others too.

I have this same issue. I don’t have convenient access to a iphone/ipad, so changing to wireless is impossible.

EDIT: I found someone with an iphone and tried, and it still wasn’t successful. i did read somewhere that special characters in the password won’t work (password has an exclamation mark) so maybe this is the issue.