Homebase and Indoor Camera Integration

Firmware has all been upgraded.
Cameras to 2.1.8.3 and Homebase3 to 3.1.7.8.

It’s officially the worse integration I have ever seen!
The only thing you can do is store video on the Homebase. AI doesn’t even work. Also I now I have to buy a larger hard drive for the Homebase so I can do continuous recording, whereas the camera can use a small SD card instead. Also the play back on the Homebase from the indoor cam is so much slower and the SD card.

You can’t use the cameras in the alarm or automation portion of the ecosystem, it’s actually useless!!

Eufy you have really let yourselves down this this. Still confused what benefits we actually get from this integration?!?

Well…. This is sad news. Mine wont update yet. Do the integrated cameras at least show up under the HB3 modes? This was the main reason I got the HB3. I just want to hit 1 button to set all my cameras. ( and I have a bunch )

The only thing is storing video on the Homebase. Nothing else!!

Well…. 6 months of waiting for nothing. At least they waited until we were all past our return window. I was well aware of Eufys “promises” when I purchased …. So I can’t be upset. I took a shot.

I thought ( or the way I read it ) that the HB3 was to Smart Up your cameras with its Bionicmind… example- give your cameras vehicle detection if it didn’t have it before.
Unfortunately it doesn’t sound that happening as of yet.

I guess they are working on it, but they felt under pressure to get something working this month as they had made so many promises. So they went with just the storage to show they are working on it. Let’s see what happens next! Let’s give them the Benefit of the doubt for now patience is running very thin though.

Get used to it folks.

While they used to be Johnny on the spot with communication and working updates…
4 years later after the very first true wireless cams were introduced via kickstarter, it would seem money makes things bog down.
Their original cams and every cam since has been advertised as works with google/alexa/homekit and they still don’t work. While they intermittingly do, all it takes is an update from them or alexa or google and all is broken again.
At least they work better than some of the other cams out there.
The original cams do detect motion from roughly 60 feet at 140 degrees. That is actually all that is really needed.
Better than most. Arlo was about 15 feet LOL.
Have taken part in beta testing with all the new app implementations like geofencing, and at home arrival, facial recognition and such.

Sit back and enjoy the ride. It could be a long one.

IndoorCams actually perform worse when connected to HB3 because they lose the 3-second pre-record buffer. This means that the recording/storage doesn’t start until a few seconds after the detection is made; thus, if the subject is only briefly in view then you’ll only see a thumbnail of them along with a video that doesn’t show them at all.

This is easy to test—just look at prior recordings from the SD card and compare to the new ones that are saved on HB3. On the original configuration (no HB3), you’ll see 3 seconds of video before the detection occurred.

Yeah I have noticed this myself and I have moved back to SD storage. It’s a big waste of time! Time to switch to Ring or another provide I think!!

I imagine this would be a relatively small fix for Eufy. Currently, as soon as the IndoorCam detects something, it starts to stream video ASAP. It’s probably using RTSP which takes some time to initialize, connect, and stream so “ASAP” means it’s delayed by a few seconds (I’m guessing RTSP since they are already familiar with it). Since the IndoorCams are already capable of constantly buffering the last 3 seconds of video (they’re wired and don’t care about energy consumption as much as the battery-powered models), all Eufy needs to do is switch to a non-real-time video protocol in order to send the same video that would normally be written to the SD card.