Homebase 3: very slow response / loading

Having the same issues but its only when i try and check each cameras notifications not when i check them all at once. The whole resetting process is going to be a pain as i have 8 cameras all together.

Is there a common theme to this slow issue? My issue was straight out of the box with just one doorbell (at first) and a new HB 3. Both were rebooted, reset several times. Support eventually ‘blamed’ my ‘choppy WIFI’ which to my mind was a ‘get out.’ All fine now for several weeks back with HB 2.

I tried the same thing as you, Richard

Alas not with the same succes. After resetting the base and connecting the first camera, it takes forever to load the event page. Often I get a message saying: ‘Fail to load video clips, please pull down to refresh’. Maybe because I did not manage to reset the camera which is a S330. I simple can’t figure out how to reset it. I can reset my two Eufy Cams 2 by holding down the sync button until I hear two beeps but that is not the case with my two S330 cams. There is a small hole on the back of S330 but there doesn’t seem to be a reset button behind it :thinking:

Best regards
Thomas

Strange, all I did was hold the reset button on the homebase 3 which wiped everything and I just paired everything back as normal. On all cameras all I did was press the sync button as unusual to pair it.

Its been a little while now and so far with the homebase 3 on wifi everything is still responding extremely quickly, about a second to load the whole day from all cameras and all clips play in about a second as well, even when accessing over cellular.

Only one S330 out of both of them was causing everything else to slowdown as all other cameras were behaving fine when checking the footage from each camera individually. So far the one that was causing loading issues is also behaving fine for now.

A new discovery. Usually I click on the little icon showing the number of recordings on each camera. If I do that, it takes a very long time to load recorded videos and often it fails to load no matter which of my connected cameras I choose.

I have just discovered, that if I go directly to ‘Events’ in the app showing all recordings from all cameras at once, it loads all recorded videos almost instantly.

Are you guys experiencing the same?

Best regards
Thomas

1 Like

Events are not always working for me.

Sometimes they are not up to date (not showing latest events).
Sometimes, if I refresh them, events disappear from the list. Then I have to refresh it again, and again for the events to show up.

Have been experiencing the same issue as a lot of people here since the most recent update a couple of weeks ago - clips on certain cameras such as the 2K Doorbell Cam and 2C Pro Cams take an age to load (if at all) when clicking on the Events counter under each cam’s preview window, but not the Floodlight Cam or the Indoor Cam. Clicking on Notifications on my phone instantly plays back the clips too.

Interestingly, Thomas #25 has a good point - clicking on the Events tab in the App rather than per camera seems to work the same for me too; Events load instantly for the affected slow loading cams - is this an issue with the App and its search functionality rather than the HB3 itself?

1 Like

Just querying on any progress. I am still on HB2 due to the slow issue discussed with HB3 earlier this year. To the previous contributors who stuck with HB3 has the situation improved with any updates? Thanks

Well, not really. I have similar issues with my 2xS330 and 2xS100 cameras. I have also ordered a new SSD thinking that the previous drive (HDD from 2012) was too old/slow to manage recordings fast and in the meantime using HB3 internal 16 GB memory. None of these tricks really worked for me to resolve the issue.
I also tried to not recording on HB3 from my S100 by directly on cam. Unfortunately, I missed some good recordings due to this glitch, as I’m not able to download a full track and in good quality from recordings.

Thanks for update, shame it seems the situation is still ongoing.