Homebase 3 "Unable to add device" for eufycam 2 and wireless doorbell 2k

I have a Homebase 2 with two eufycam 2 cameras and 1 wireless 2k doorbell (battery powered). This works well.

I purchased the Homebase 3 (I like the upgrade features) - I have managed to pair/sync one eufycam 2 camera but no matter what I try, I cannot pair the doorbell or 2nd eufycam 2 camera. I am quite confused by this. I have tried soft and hard resetting all devices, reinstalling app on phone, cycling the homebase 3 (via pin hole on base), ensuring firmware is up to date, devices are fully charged etc. All devices are on the homebase 3 compatibility list as ‘supported’.

I have contacted eufy support (and have an active case open) but I was wondering if anyone else has similar issues with the homebase 3 and legacy devices.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi,
I have the same problem. My doorbell only connects with the homebase 2, when i tried tot pair it with the homebase 3, homebase 3 didn’t recognize the doorbell.
Maybe it will be solved with later updates?

I have the same issue. A new Homebase 3 connects to cameras ok but won’t sync with duel camera doorbell. Very frustrating.

1 Like

Same issue in my installation. Doorbell is announced to be supported in March 2023. Today 16.3.2025…
Let’s hope for the best :wink:

I had the same situation yesterday for hours.
i tried to add it to homebase, but always this error.
after resetting it several times i was able to add it back to homebase 2, but not to homebase 3.
Hope it will get soon the update.

latest info from the support team: April 2023 … :unamused:

1 Like

If you have trouble to add device: check if you have adguard or something else active. I disabled today and now have all cams in Homebase 3 in 10 minutes without error. Only doorbell is outstanding.

Today is April 16. Still does not work.

today connecting was done (wireless doorbell T8213):
App Version 4.6.4
Homebase3 Version 3.1.9.5