Homebase 3 - no notifications, no recording

Brand new HomeBase S380. I am very frustrated with it.

I have an eufyCam E connected to the HomeBase.
Motion detection is on 24/7.

The camera is mounted over an entry point.
Obviously there is traffic through this door several times a day.

It used to work.
Now I get nothing. No notifications. No recordings.

I can connect to the camera, and get the feed.
But that is about it. I tried to contact eufy support yesterday. They haven’t contacted me back.

What is going on?
Is anyone else having these kind of issues?

1 Like

I am having the same issue. Cameras stream fine. Homebase recorded video clips just fine for a few weeks. Then notifications and motion detection recordings stopped 4 days ago. Those older clips are still available. Homebase shows no used space on 1TB ssd despite several weeks of recorded clips.

In my case, there was a firmware update, that fixed this issue.
That said, it is still not 100%. But it works better than before.

Currently the Homebase is on System 3.2.7.8 / Subversion 1.4.0.8.

Had the same HomeBase issue past 2 days. When I disconnected the power source to HomeBase, waited a few minutes then reconnected power source all videos previously not seen came back. Definitely an issue with the firmware in HomeBase. It was updated last week and since then there was this issue.
On 8/5/23 received System update:
1 - Optimized the AI detection and motion detection.
2 - Optimized the video recording. (This may be the problem)
3 - Optimized the audio recording of HomeBase.
4 - Improved the system stability and smoothness by fixing bugs.

I too I am experiencing this exact problem with S380 Homebase3 for the first time for the past 3-4 days. I have my HB3 on Sysversion 3.4.4.9 and Subversion 1.4.0.8 with firmware having on Feb 3rd.
I know that I was receiving motion detection just fine in February so it is not clear if it’s the new firmware or something else.
I do have lots of cameras associated with the HB3 though. I mean a lot (1 x 4G LTE Cam S330, 4 x Solo Cam S340, 1 x Video Doorbell E340, 3 x S330 eufyCam). Rebooting the HB3 helps to bring motion detection back but the same issue reoccurs after 1-2 hours. Something is definitely not working. In all the years I have had eufy devices, I never experienced this before, and this is quite annoying if I cannot rely on motion detection. I know the cameras do perform motion detection because I see the red light is activated when there is motion and AI tracking on the SoloCam do follow me. Live view works fine.

1 Like

Yes. It is happening and it is very frustrating.

A few days ago I had several events during the day without any detection/notification.
The system was on. Internet connection was stable. But the cameras did not catch any of it. There was no recording done either.

Very unreliable.

@Eufy > SOLVE THIS !! IT worked great with my HN2, I have spend a lot of extra money for the HB3 nd now this … it’s happening ever since November … all updates are applied. Individual cams are okay, but the HB is a nightmare.

Agreed.