HB3 'Ignore Notifications' feature not working for recognized faces / people

I have a Homebase 3 with Eufycam 3 cameras. I allowed sufficient time to train the Bionic Mind AI feature to recognise my face and body. The system appears to have learned my face because when “Ignore Notifications” is disabled, it sends notifications “MYNAME has been detected” as expected every time a camera detects me. However, when I enable the “Ignore Notifications” for known people in HB3 to ignore notifications about myself being detected, the notifications are still being received every time I am detected but without my name, i.e., “Someone has been spotted”. When I go to Events, I can see that I was correctly recognized. This is even worse, because not only do you get swamped with annoying notifications, but you cannot know who was detected unless you check in the Events tab. Just wondering if others experience the same issue (i.e., this feature not working as advertised by Eufy) or could it be a problem due to potentially faulty HB3 unit? Thanks.

Bump. Can anyone confirm ‘Ignore Notification’ feature is working on their HB3? Thanks.

Same here,since i added the latest update the known faces is not working.
Still getting notifacations for.everything.
It was worki g before last update.

I bought my HB3 system a month ago, but it really never worked for me regardless of the firmware version. I am currently on 3.1.9.5 and previous versions were 3.1.5.9 and 3.1.7.8.

Very weird some have it working some not , might reset all and see if that helps, Eudy don’t seem to care much.

Just came across a review that mentions the issue of not correctly ignoring notifications from people who are saved as known eufyCam S330 review: wireless 4K cameras with solar panels

The problem is it worked perfectly before the last update.
I also added the dual cam as that is the main reason for the update now its dead.

Good to see Eufy as said through out the forum dont listen or care about its consumers otherwise they would aknowledge these issues at least and let us know there working on them.
But alas as usual nothing from Eufy.

1 Like

I raised a ticket with the support team, but needless to say they were not very helpful.

This is the response I received: “This issue is due to the camera first identifying if it is a human and then identifying if it is a familiar person. However, in some scenarios, identifying familiar persons takes much longer. To ensure timely notification for humans, the HomeBase will send a notification first. Our engineers have already noticed this poor user experience and are optimizing the system.” Blah, blah, blah…

My point is that the above explanation does not make sense because when I disable “Ignore Notifications” feature, I almost always receive correct notifications “MYNAME has been detected”. If HomeBase prioritizes detection over recognition as they said, then I would still receive notifications “Someone has been spotted” when “Ignore Notifications” is turned off. But, that’s certainly not the case.

There excuse doesnt hold water considering before the last update mine worked perfect.

Same here, I am very disappointed, as you no doubt are.
The"Ignore Notifications” does not work, and its not because it has only detected an unidentified Human, because the notification it sends me has my ( or my families ) correctly Ai recognised name on it.

The only reason I purchased the 3C model was that bit had Ai facial recognition and I could avoid constant pointless notifications of my own family, only to find "Ignore Notifications” does not work.

I could have purchased the 2C Pro at near half the cost, and didn’t because I expected the 3C Ai to be able to filter out notifications of familiar faces.

That surely is THE ONLY POINT OF HAVING Facial Recognition, I am very disappointed, and Eufy need fix this software to make "Ignore Notifications” do what it says it will do, but does not.

2 Likes

Same here. Purchased a couple of weeks ago and the “Ignore Notifications” is not working for family members. Only reason I went with HB3 cams was for the Ai facial recognition. Hope Eufy fix ASAP.

Same here; I have the homebase 3 and S330 camera’s. It recognizes familiar faces, and i set it to ignoring familiar faces, but i still get notifications every time anyone is detected, whether it is a familiar face or not.
It looks like the notification is sent before the face is recognized, so what is the purpose of being able to ignore familiar faces?!..
It would be nice if someone from Eufy can comment, because it seems like this feature is not working as it supposed to be. Now i turned off notifications in general, which also kind of defeats the purpose…

A solution should not be so hard right?, the face recognition itself works fine. Perhaps give an option to choose between sending a notification as soon as it detects movement or an optional time delay to determine whether it is a familiar face or not, and only then decide to send out a notification or not.

New update today and still no fix , what a joke.

1 Like

I only purchased a few days ago and here I am searching for the answer, and apparently there isn’t one! Doh! Basically, you have to turn notifications off when you’re at home via Geo fencing. But that negates the purpose of having notifications on even when you’re at home.

Anyway, I’ll wait for eufy to get their act together!

Will have to manage manually for the time being by the looks of it :confused:

Yes this is happening with me. It seems this is a bug that’s been around for sometime now. Might have to wait for homebase 4 i guess.

Honestly though. I feel like this could be easily fixed if they added a delay notification toggle which told the system to delay the notification and send it after 10 seconds has passed or when the person gets identified which ever comes first giving the system time to recognize the person and actually have the notification include the identified person or not send you any notification at all depending on what you want.

This used to work on older firmware and once the updated it to take the dual cam doorbell it stopped and hasnt worked since. It just proves there delay excuse is a load of crap.

This is insane.
I’ve just completed my S330 set up with HBS380 and this happens. Any news guys? I’m so disappointed

Ive just spent hundreds on a full system and its same, hombase 3 recognises my family but im still getting stacks of notification and even says my name at the side so has dected me fine, what going on??