Fix for Android devices not getting doorbell notifications

Since Eufy support is absolutely garbage at replying to the forum, I had to figure this out on my own.

Uninstall the app from your phone then download an older version of the app that was working. Then disable the auto update for the app in the play store so it won’t update to the broken version. Remember to disable any battery optimization stuff as needed.

I’m using v3.4.0_1121 now and my problem is gone. I don’t know if links to 3rd party apk sites are allowed, so just search it yourself and install. APK Mirror is a reputable source that I installed mine from.

Eufy support keeps telling people its their phones optimization that stops notifications, but my lock notifications were perfectly fine and my girlfriend’s iPhone had no issues. Reverting the app fixed my problem super easily.

2 Likes

Omg…thank you. That worked. It was recording every second or third person. Reformatted to no avail. Rolling back the update works so far.
Thanks for the tip and letting us know where to go for the link. Eufy was no help at all.