EufyCam2 going to “sleep”

Hey, recently purchased the EufyCam2 + home base kit and it’s all working great except for at some point during the night all the cameras go to sleep / stop detecting and recording / no notifications.

I tried to get them to detected me for a good 10mins this morning, walking in front of them all, going right up to the lens, no detection, recording, notification or status light.
They are all set on the default home mode with recording, notifications and motion turned on.

If I open the app and click a camera to view it live it “wakes” it up and it will work after this. When accessing the live…the camera clicks and the feed flashes purple (as if it’s switching from night vision) even though it’s 8-9am and the sun is blaring.

Anyone else had this issue, or know how to fix it?

1 Like

Seems to have nothing to do with the night cycle, it happens during the day also, if there has been no motion for an extended period they just stop working

You got my hopes up there as mine seems to have completely stopped recording on motion. However, viewing the live feed didn’t fix it for me. It worked fine for the first two days and now nothing :frowning: @AnkerSupport any ideas?

Hey guys! Thanks for reaching out!

For the recording issue, have you set the schedule mode on your homebase?

If the issue still persists, could you please let us know your eufy account? And the also serial number for the Homebase, so we can look into this issue for you?

Remember your satisfaction is our top priority and we will be sure to resolve the issue for you.

Hi @AnkerSupport, I have the same problem. I’ve written in but no response yet. Can I request a follow-up?

I get the same issue occasionally. Camera just stops capturing. Of course you don’t notice until you check. Again for me it starts working again if you watch a live feed or restart the camera.

Were you guys able to remedy this?

Same!!!

Same!!

I have the same issue.

I have the same issue. I reset Homebase 2 and it seems to work for a day or two and then I need to reset again. I think it may be a poor product and may have to replace it with a competitor’s product.