Eufy Solar Wall Light S120 connecting to Homebase 3 is not possible

I purchased the Eufy Solar Wall Light S120 but unfortunately, I’m unable to connect it to my Homebase 3. The camera installation works smoothly via Wi-Fi, but when I try to install it with the Homebase, I receive the message: “Please connect T81… to your router first to update the firmware before connecting to the Homebase.” The camera works wonderfully and is also connected to the router, and the firmware is up to date. I’ve tried removing and re-adding the camera several times, but I’m not making any progress. Does anyone have any tips on what might be going wrong? I already have three other Eufy cams linked to the Homebase.

1 Like

Habe das selbe Problem, scheint ein Fehler in der App zu sein.

1 Like

The Eufy support compatibility list for the HB3 shows the S120 not compatible as of yet.

The eufy App advertises the homebase 3 connectivity now, but I still have some problem as above. Maybe we need to wait for Firmware Update.

The FAQ says something else…

Hmmm, okay good to know. Guess they haven’t updated the compatibility list as of yet.
https://support.eufy.com/s/article/Centralize-Your-Security-Ecosystem-with-HomeBase-3

Yes it is in beta at the moment you can request it and send them your serial number and they send the firmware update to it.
I have done this and am now using the homebase 3 and it is much improved for AI integration and facial recognition. Initially the automation did not work with S120 but that has also been fixed. One problem I have so far is that the power stats and charging stats are not working at all.

1 Like

Thanks for your tip. I have sent an email to the support.

I have received the firmware update. Now it works with the homebase 3. :+1:

The company posted the update that it worked with directions, on my wall cam. The directions didn’t say “you might not have the firmware available yet, you need to request it.”

It would have made more sense to post directions after they worked for everyone.

Instead I had to get out a ladder and take it down, only to find out - per this thread, the post was wrong. So back up it goes for another day.

It’s irresponsible and wasted people’s time.

I like my cameras, but the support and directions pages are definitely lacking.

Can you let me know what the beta firmware is?
I’ve requested it, just want to check when it gets upgraded.

This is what my S120 firmware is while connected to wifi
Current Version 1.2.6.6(1.1.5.11)
when I connect to Homebase 3 (apparently I have the beta version now) it shows
1.0.1 (1.1.5.11).
Although it does connect and shows up in the App if I try and Live view it says can’t connect. If i try and change the recording settings it says Can’t connect, and doesnt send any notifications when triggered.
Interestingly while charging the battery icon in the app shows it’s charging. So there is some communication…
I’m currently emailing with support.

Hi, im finding this all confusing. I want to make sure I have the right firmware for me S120, before I once again, get a ladder, unscrew the camera, bring it into the house and press all the various buttons to try and make it connect to the homebase3 once again. Eufy says they have pushed the firmware… but I cant follow these instructions at all in the app…
“We have pushed the newest firmware, please go to eufySecurity app>Device(s) Tab>Associated camera> “…” icon > “Gear” icon >general>about device>check for the update firmware update”

when i check for firmware update in the usual way , it says 1.2.3.8 (1.66.3.35)… is that the right one to connect to homebase3?

even after asking 6 times now why my s120 is stuck at the beta 1.2.6.2 software I still have not had a reply they just keep telling me 1.2.6.6 is the newsest version, yes I know this but mine does not update and still says 1.2.6.2 is the current version

ok, i’ve figure out that the steps are what I have been doing, but it just tells me I have the latest firmware - called 1.2.3.8, even though eufy are telling me they have pushed the update to 1.2.6.6. where on earth do I go from here? I bought the homebase3 for all my devices to connect to…

I’m not positive on how eufy pushes out firmware updates… Though I believe it depends on the region you reside in or what state and also the serial number of the device.

I have four of the same camera models and one will get a firmware update then 2 to 7 days later the others will get theirs randomly.

To me it seems they don’t push the firmware updates out all at the same time. Probably because it would blow up their servers.

Also read here if you contact support and request the latest or beta firmware update and supply them with your serial number of your device they’ll push it out to you.

I have had no answer other than to force an update. I deleted the S120 and went to re-add… will not add to the homebase because the firmware is out of date now and it still won’t update the firmware so I am now stuck with it being a solo device again and all my automation sequences and tracking now screwed.

Well I don’t know either I am stuck on bug ridden 1.2.6.2 and cannot re-add to the homebase because it is now not the latest version of the software… I suspect they have messed the roll up out somehow…

Ive tried 4 or 5 times. each time I get this email:
The V1.2.3.8 is for the Homebase 3, you will need to connect the S120 wall light cam to the router first, and then upgrade the firmware for the S120 wall light cam, not the Homebase 3.
Step: eufySecurity app>Device(s) Tab>S120 wall light cam> “…” icon > “Gear” icon >general>about device>check for the update firmware update the newest version is 1.2.6.6.

i follow it every single time, and still get told my S120 firmware 1.2.3.8 is the latest.