Eufy keypad won't connect across mesh network

Hi all. I’ll explain as simple as possible.

I have a homebase 3 with 4x solar cameras and 1 wired indoor cam.

I have a business on my premises and have a mesh network setup.

Modem and homebase 3 (in house) wired to - longrange eap - longrange eap with wired cable connecting to indoor eap in business workshop.

The access point in the business is fast and has the indoor camera wired connected to it.

I want to put the keypad in the business shed to disarm and arm system so my staff can use it.

The keypad and door sensor will not pickup the Access point in the workshed. It seems to connect to the outdoor network but as soon as i move into the inoor zone it looses connection.

Can anyone help? It seems like it’s struggling to connect to that particular point.

Thanks in advance.

To my understanding is that the keypad and motion sensor do not use Wi-Fi but a lower frequency similar to car key fobs and garage door openers.
So they can only connect to the HomeBase.
Operating Frequency Range:

920.0MHz – 920.8MHz

Someone, correct me if I’m wrong.

You are correct. Keypad, motion sensor, and door sensors all talk 900 mhz that only homebase can hear. They won’t communicate over 2.4 Ghz wifi.

Thanks for the replies! That really clears it up. What a pain though.

Means my staff won’t be able to enter the workspace without me disarming first.

Out of interest. Does the homebase need to stay connected via ethernet cable? If not. I could move the home base closer. Although the problem then is that I won’t hear the homebase alarms.

Is there another product such as a siren that works over wifi that I could put in my house so it will go off if there is access in my workspace?

Thanks again.

Yeah, you can connect the HomeBase to Wi-Fi or if your mesh access point has an Ethernet connector on it you could use that too.

Eufy does have a siren well it’s more of a beeping sound but, I think it uses the same 900 MHz frequency also not Wi-Fi.

You could give that a try, and find a spot in your home or place of business where you’ll be able to still hear it. If it doesn’t work out you can always return it.

1 Like