Eufy iOS app and iOS 12.5.7

I have an old iPad which is still used and doubles up as a secondary chime for my eufy doorbell.

A few days ago the app stopped opening.

When I open the app the blue eufy logo shows for a second or so then it disappears.

I have deleted the app and reinstalled several times but the same symptoms occur.

I hoped that deleting the app would log my out of the app but upon reinstalling the app the edge displays the same number of videos I watched (62).

The app was updated 2 days ago and works fine on my iPhone 11.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Most Apple Apps update nneds to conform Apple standard to kill older Apple devices.
The ios 12.5.7 Safari is a perfect example.

Hi
Thanks for replying. I understand what you mean and many apps that we used to use are no longer supported under 12.5.7.

Thing is that Eufy app doesn’t give a warning that the app is no longer supported and continues to allow me to download it from the Apple Store to the device, unlike other unsupported apps.

It appears to be more of a crashing issue rather than an incompatibility issue.

I have the same issue here… 12.5.7 and crashing the app on attempting to open

Reinstall gives me the same issue

1 Like

there is a new ios eufy release.
you may want to try it.

Apple generates 84% of its revenue from selling new devices, making them reluctant to hold back updates to ensure older models keep working smoothly.

1 Like

Thank you.

No new version showing on my iPhone 11 or the iPad.

When was this released and what is the version number?

Whilst I appreciate what you state about the updates as mentioned before it is usual for there to be a warning in a prior release and a message to confirm it’s no longer compatible. Not just for the app to crash out.

New Eufy app now in the App Store. Have downloaded and looks like issues are resolved :smiley:

After a recent update, whenever I launch the app, the Eufy logo briefly appears, but the app unexpectedly closes without displaying any content. This problem persists even after multiple attempts to uninstall and reinstall the app. Surprisingly, the issue is isolated to my Android device, as the app works seamlessly on my iOS devices. I’ve checked for Android system updates, cleared cache, and ensured sufficient storage space.