Eufy E340 Floodlight multi bridge doesn't work

Bought 2x E340 floodlights & a homebase3, neither of them are working with multi-bridge wifi.

When I tap multi-bridge setup, it fails to find any access points and errors with “request failed” then when I manually add the access point, the app gets stuck on “connecting to the Wifi network” and nothing works until I force quit the app then start it again.

I’ve tried rebinding both the HB3 & E340 multiple times already with the same result. The E340s are able to connect to my wifi during setup without a hitch. Everything is on the latest firmware: 1.3.5.2 for E340 and 3.3.5.9 for the HB3, subsystem version 1.4.0.8.

Please help as this seems like an app/firmware issue.

Edit: Latest firmwares fixed this issue for me, but multi bridge mode is less stable than connecting to HB3 even though my router is right next to HB3 & has a stronger signal… Sticking with HB3 connection for now.

1 Like

Ive also noticed this setting for my E340 floodlght and im getting the same error as you. I contacted Eufy and they said this feature isnt ready yet but should be in a month or so.

I’ve got the same camera and same problem.

On Monday night MT, 12/11, my HB was updated to 3.3.7.9. This may help. Here is a screen shot describing the nature of the update…

I was seeing the same issue, especially where the multibridge setup doesn’t detect ANY WiFi networks, however I was able to set it up yesterday. My homebase is on firmware 3.3.7.9 and my E340 is on firmware 1.4.5.5. It looks like the E340 firmware came out yesterday as I see a date of 2023-12-13. I’m not sure if this matters, but I also had an update to the Eufy app (Android) and it looks like it is version 4.7.8_1913 if I am reading it correctly.

I can’t be certain of which firmware got it working for me, but I guessing it was the 1.4.5.5 for the floodlight. Now when I go into that multibridge setup, it does discover my wifi network plus others that are close by. One somewhat odd thing I noticed is after I configure the multibridge, if I go back and look at the Wi-Fi settings, it shows ??? as the wi-fi network. HOWEVER I can login to my Wi-Fi AP and see the eufy device is connected to the WLAN.

Hopefully this helps!

I was interested to see you received the E340 firmware update 1.4.5.5 on 12/14. I didn’t receive it until 12/16. I’m in New Mexico, US. The text for the update in the attached screenshot certainly says it addressed multibridge support. Attached is a screenshot of the text for 1.4.5.5:

same set up, same code, same issue as yourself. I’ll contact support on Monday.