Eufy crippled its app? Continuous recording can't be downloaded or shared directly

Just tried to downlead a clip from playback timeline, the download button is now grayed out, and there is an error saying “continuous recording can’t be downloaded or shared directly”. I have used this feature many times before, has Eufy decided to cripple its app or this is a bug in the latest release???

which OS app?

I used Android and the clip downloaded without any issue.

However, the PlayBack from sd card has several problems.

1. no yellow clip highlights
  2. when try to play a timeline, Eufy app will goto 12am by itself in the middle of pkaying.

Lately, oerson detection had sometimes missed.

This is on a Google pixel 6a phone, running eufy app v4.5.5 looking at 6 different indoor 2k cameras on firmware v2.1.6.4. both are the current versions.

Here is the error after trying download

As I recall, Eufy App is very basic feature.
You cannot download the continuous since I owned it day one.
Eufy 2k is basically a 1080p camera.The Sd card are all 1080p video.
you only get 2k from clips where video uploaded to Eufy and reprocessed to by their software to get 2k file like the DVD players. Raw data is still 1080p.

you need to use Record.

You cannot download the continuous since I owned it day one

This is 100% not correct. I have downloaded from playback timeline many times, the videos are still on my old phone.

Before the function stopped working, you could go to any point on your playback timeline, click download, a progress popup comes up to show % of download, then the video clip saves onto your phone in “EufyVideoDir” on Android.

The length of the videos varied, I think the video length may be until when the motion stopped.

Eufy 2k is basically a 1080p camera.The Sd card are all 1080p video.
you only get 2k from clips where video uploaded to Eufy and reprocessed to by their software to get 2k file like the DVD players. Raw data is still 1080p.

This is also not correct. Eufy 2k has a 2k physical sensor. The playback timeline videos I downloaded previously are 2304x1296, which I am looking at the “properties” for the videos right now. However, RTSP from 2k cameras are still 1080p as verified by VLC and Blue Iris.

you need to use Record.

Record is for watching live and saving what is going on now. Unless you are a security guard and can watch the cameras eyes-on-glass every second, this feature is rarely useful.

My issue is with not able to download what happened in the past, which is a feature that worked just a couple of months ago.

You can use record to download past playback or playback from days ago. That’s the only workaround until they either revert or fix what they’ve done so far. In this case, it works by hitting record and then dragging the bar to where you want it to go/stop. You can still download actual events by just hitting download. I suspect not being able to download using the button right away has to do with the yellow tagged event no longer being in the bar somehow.

Download still crash under Android Eufy app.

When Am attempting to download a clip from the playback timeline, I’ve noticed that the download button is grayed out, and a perplexing error message appears, stating, “continuous recording can’t be downloaded or shared directly.” This issue is causing frustration as I’ve used this feature numerous times before without any problems in carparkingmultiplayerapk. I’m eager to know if this is a deliberate change in the app’s functionality or perhaps a bug introduced in the latest release.

I just verified that behavior on the latest Android release. V4.7.6_1865 shows the message that you can’t download or share continuous recording. Looks like they changed the app to work differently, since the message is specific.

You can, however, use the record function to save clips from continuous recording to your device. You do need to view your desired video then push Record and it will download the clip to your EufyVideo folder.