Entry Sensor On Letterbox!

I Placed an entry sensor on the :email: letterbox, simple but it works so damn well I have to share :grin:

Every time any post is delivered I’ve set the homebase to chime! So no matter where I am in the my home I know when I’ve got mail :mailbox:

Also the phone notifications are great for when I’m not home, in the garden or if you have a large home & the chime sound doesn’t reach everywhere. The notifications are optional, as well as the homebase chime along with the type of chime & the volume.

DOGGY BOUNUS: If you have a :dog: like me that’s not fond of the post person. I noticed since placing the sensor on the letter box when the :bell: chime goes off he seems completely unfazed, he seems to understand the chime means its just the mail person, so no more barking, no running around in circles or up & down the stairs just peaceful calm :relaxed: (Same effect on my friends dogs & brothers two dogs when they visited) What ever reason its just works for them. Dog owners must!

Let me know if you end up trying it, or have tried this already & did it have the same effect on your dogs :thinking: & did it completely bring back that kid like enjoyment of getting mail for you too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what sensor do you use? Does it connect to the eufy camera system?

1 Like

@robert152 Yes, Eufy has their own door sensors that connect to a homebase. Take a look at the link below for more info.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/eufy-entry-sensor/6416786.p?skuId=6416786