E340 Only Records Events, Not Continuous

Just installed E340 floodlight cam. Connected to HB3 and fully updated. It only records events, not 24/7 like my E330s. Any ideas? I attached a screenshot of what I see.

Double check your settings… for the E340 Video Settings

Also the HB3… The Edge Connection, when the cam joined the Edge. Did you choose the Continuous Recording and Events option?

The Edge Connection setting is correct, but I don’t have that Continuous Recording option under Video Settings.

You need a hard drive installed in your HB3 to enable continuous recording.

I have a hard drive in my home base. I already have two E330 cams recording 24/7, but for some reason the floodlight is not.

That’s odd. That Option should be in the Video Settings list.

Once I installed a hard drive and connected my E340 floodlgiht and S350 indoor cam the continuous recording option disappeared and just records 24/7 by default.

Well @hha87 that doesn’t sound right. Suppose you don’t want it to record 24/7 how do you get out of it?

figured that out you would do it through the HomeBase, and choose events only.

@jze28 from my last post I got to thinking maybe something’s glitchy with the HomeBase3…
In the HB3 Connection _ Store Video to HB3_
Switch it to… Only Events. Close out the app walk past the camera so that it records you.
Go back into the app and set it back to Continuous Recording and Events.

Excellent idea, unfortunately it’s still events only. Very frustrating.

Well, I’d be frustrated too.
In the camera settings is there an option to Restart Device, if so try that.

Also double check to see if the firmware is up to date, in the General Settings - About Device.

No restart option, although it is wired through a switch which has already been reset. Firmware is up to date.

During setup I selected to join the HB3, but the next frame prompted me to enter the wireless password. I thought by linking it to the HB it wouldn’t need to be connected to the wireless network.

It appears to be connected to both in a multi-bridge mode. I know it has to be connected to the HB for 24/7 recording, just wondering if it also being connected to wireless is making it events only.

The multi-bridge is kind of like a backup I would say… If the HB loses it’s Wi-Fi connection to the camera, then it would use your home’s Wi-Fi to communicate with the HB.

But really it’s for when the camera distance is too far to link with the HB then you would use the multi-bridge.

The camera doesn’t need the HomeBase to work, it’s a standalone unit.
It can record 24/7 onto an SD card.

So it appears the floodlight is recording 24/7 after all. I discovered this when I clicked the little Playback icon at the bottom of the cam’s picture in the Devices section. It’s in the lower right corner, a circle surrounding what appears to be a Play button.

Once clicked, it opens the camera view with the slider scale at the bottom. The problem there is the slider starts at midnight for that day.
My question now is how do I get it to default to it when I play back events like my E330 cams?

My Floodlight Cam settings appear the same. Continuous Recording is selected in HomeBase settings but is missing in the Video Settings. I have the HomeBase 3 connected via Ethernet and an SSD installed, and continuous recording works perfectly.

I understand your frustration regarding accessing your recordings. Events and 24/7 recordings should have the option to be default or have both in the same section.

I haven’t looked into it much yet, but I haven’t quite figured out how to download custom recordings other than the event recordings in the Events tab. In live view, the download option is grayed out.

Slightly off-topic, but is anyone having issues with the Recording Quality not being in 3K when downloading events? I have toggled the settings back and forth between 3K and 1080P, closed the app, changed the settings back to 3K, rebooted the HomeBase, rebooted my router, done 107 cartwheels, and removed the camera from the HomeBase, but nothing works. My “3K” recordings are always in 1080p. If this is a bug, how is it not fixed when 3K is a main selling point?

Thanks. Unlike the E330s, the floodlight doesn’t default to Playback mode in the Event section, I have to select it. I complained enough to get a full refund, so at least they try to stand behind their products. I love this floodlight cam when it works the way it’s supposed to.