E340 Doorbell: Detect and record all events, but only notify for people and pets (not vehicles)?

I’ve been using an E340 doorbell in wired mode for a few days. I’ve also added it to an HB3. I’m pretty satisfied with its ability to detect and recognize people/pets/vehicles. However, as it is a doorbell facing the street, I’m getting spammed with vehicle notifications (some of which are just a stationary vehicle).

Is there a way to have my E340 doorbell detect, recognize, and record all AI-classified events (person/pet/vehicle) but only send a notification for person/pet events (not vehicle events)? That is, can I set the detection & recording event categories separately from the notification event categories? I “upgraded” from Arlo and this was a breeze with their system, but with Eufy the notification settings are significantly lacking.

Looking through this community, it seems that people have been asking for better notification settings for four years and Eufy haven’t made much progress.

Things that I think Eufy need to improve with their notification system:

1. Ability to select whether or not a notification is sent for each category: people/vehicles/animals/all other motion
  2. Option to send animated preview, showing a few frames over time from the event instead of just a single frame
1 Like

This. So much this… Record every event, notify on human. Even better if you can set the notification event groups by mode and/or time (in automation)

And for the love of God, give us a way to customize the notification depending on type of event! Like a custom ringtone we can play, mp3, or some sort.