Doorbell not recording ringing events. Sometimes it does

My new battery 2K Doorbell having some issues and was wondering if anybody can help.

I’ve had it for 3 weeks and I set it as a doorbell only. No motion detection. I want to record visitors only when the press the doorbell button. So I deactivated the motion sensor with the intention of: 1. saving battery charge. 2. Not getting notified EVERY SINGLE TIME a person walks by my front door which overlooks directly to the sidewalk.

Thing is, sometimes it records the event of people ringing. But most times it doesn’t. Yes, these people have indeed pressed the buttonc correctly. I can see them doing so through my EufyCam2 which overlooks the same area. It’s getting frustrating to say the least
Anyone with a similar issue? Or someone who might know what’s going on?

I already wrote to Eufy via email. Several times. On their last reply they said they can’t apply the warranty because -get this- the doorbell is OLD!! WTH does that mean? And that I have to see with the vendor. It’s a particular vendor but I purchased it via amazon.mx

Thank you in advance for any help you can bring me

Hi there,

Exact same issue here with doorbell 2K, homebase 3 and a Floodlight Cam covering the same area as the doorbell.
Ringing events will work many hours succesfully until it doesn’t… When this happened, the doorbell button needs to be pushed twice to receive ringing notifications again through the homebase and the app.

Tried Eufy support with no luck so far…

The only solution I found so far to make this doorbell work every time is to switch it to “balance surveillance” mode

1 Like