Doorbell battery life dropping fast

Hello,

I’ve had the doorbell for 6 days and had to charge it again as it went down to 20% from 100%.

Since its new I’ve done quite a bit of testing but the battery drop is drastic.

I charged it last night and this morning clipped it back on with 100%.

It’s dropped 4%. Here is my configuration.

Any ideas?

I think it’s down to a lot of detection events and think a lot of it is out side the activity zone. Software has a lot of bugs. I get over 100 detection events a day.

Turn off LED.
Try make the activity zone bit smaller.

Not much can do. Hopefully there a firmware update soon.

I did all these you mentioned in the other thread and I’m still getting awful battery life. I have a Eufy Cam 2C in the same location and is draining much much lower. This doorbell battery is just rubbish, it’s nothing to do with settings.

2 Likes

I think it detecting events outside of the activity zone and filtering it out making the battery drain.

My zone is short and should capture folks who walk onto the patio. I don’t get that many alerts. Battery life is pretty bad. My Ring doorbell lasted rightly 3 months.

@eufy are you aware of the battery drain issues?

1 Like

Down to 93% not even a whole with only a couple of motion captures.

Somethinf quite wrong here.

A thought. 35 second clip is fairly long. Have you tried reducing it? I guess it depends on how many times it records. I have wired so feel free to ignore me.

1 Like

Try put back to optimal surveillance see how that work over the course of the week. I did try customize recording but it felt like it was draining more.

LED off
Notifications- include thumbnail or if you don’t need the thumb nail, most Efficiency.
Video encoding Low

2 Likes

Pretty sure some one on this forum said they got 5 months out of the doorbell :rofl: but could have made 6 months but charged in a bit earlier . I think they live in the middle of nowhere. 2 months max maybe with the way things are.

Would like to know under what conditions/environment they did the test to get 6 months

2 Likes

If I reduce everything to low then I might as well put my ring 720p back which gave me close to 3 months.

I’ve opened a case with support as this battery drain is drastic. Please don’t defend eufy’s battery choice.

Shouldn’t have to reduce anything. I’m still holding out for a software update as still like this doorbell or another brand comes out with something better. Wouldn’t get ring again.

Even a app update as the app drain my phone battery.

I’m sure eufy will say they will optimism in their next update.

Please let us know what eufy say to you.

2 Likes

This mine.
I suppose it depends what settings you choose really. I’ve gone for the middle one and I’m happy. I get lots of quick notifications and clips, max sensitivity too. It’s easy to take off and charge so happy to do this every 2 months if needed.

Today my power supply arrived 18v 800mA. I know these charge super slow but is there a way to see how much power the doorbell is sucking up?

I’m still going to test the battery performance as I’m not impressed.

You only get about 20 events filtered out each day. Your front door is probably in an extremely low traffic area. Your case isn’t a general use case scenario. You’ll get far more battery life out of Ring plus you’ll be able to hot swap batteries, so, no down time. I’m not saying Ring is better in general. What I’m saying is Ring battery is way better than Eufy. It’s obvious Eufy cut corner with the battery.

I would suggest setting to optimal battery life and see if it performs as it should (180 days). If it does, then it’s your settings. If it doesn’t, contact Eufy

The settings I have aren’t extreme and I refuse to lower it to uselessness . 6 month battery life claim is a joke. I’d take 3 if it can do it. Though I invested in a power supply but that doesn’t mean I no longer expect good battery life.

Ok but my first move would be testing it to see if it meets manufacturers specifications/claims or whether it’s faulty…

I understand mate. I’ve been looking online and the battery life of EUFY products are pretty bad compared to the claims.

I guess their benchmark is in a suburb where there is hardly any motion and the “AI” doesn’t have to work out which to record and which not to.

I’ve notice today the doorbell I’m just running on battery did not get a lot of detection event total/ false events due to weather being cooler here in the UK so not had any battery drain so far today. So has stayed on the same % since yesterday. It has record 20 human detection today.

Battery is pretty weak!. I managed to bring it down to 85%. Going to see what it shows tomorrow on the Transformer.