Detection statistics no longer work

Mines also been like this for months… Not had any luck.
But today it’s telling me it has been in use for 6 days and recorded a lot when I’ve literally just charged it and put it back up…

I notice the false events thing is gone as well…

I noticed mine seems to working now as well. All cameras randomly started showing in use for “8” Days and the detection and recorded stats are incrementing as well.

Mine was working until the most recent firmware update. Also, after a full charge of 2 different model doorbell cameras (2K and Dual), the usage statistics don’t reset.

Reached out to support, and apparently this is a new feature, that the usage stats will no longer reset after charging. Not sure why, but App still says usage since full charge - so something doesn’t make sense.

I have a question after just noticing the statistics in my settings (haven’t accessed them for a while - forgot where they were!).

What does the “Used Days” stat refer to? Is it meant to be the total recording times worth of days? If so, things don’t add up.

I ask because I installed & powered up my cameras 34 days ago, yet it shows 11 days for both cameras.

Here are my stats:

Front Camera stats…

Used Days: 11
Total Detected Events: 2226
Recorded & Saved Events: 74
Battery: 79%
(Wifi: 3 out of 4 bars)

Rear Camera stats…

Used Days: 11
Total Detected Events: 1359
Recorded & Saved Events: 40
Battery: 88%
(Wifi: 4 out of 4 bars)

It resets back to zero after you have recharged the battery. So it’s how many days used until you have to charge the battery again.

But that doesn’t make sense in my case because I’ve only charged the battery once (34 days ago).

Hmmm… Somethings not jiving right. What kind of camera, do you have solar panel?
Can you post a screenshot of the statistics?

Just charged my doorbell cam 5 hours ago tho not to 100%.

EufyCam 2 Pro.
No solar panels.

Btw, do my Total Detected Events seem high? Maybe they’re all motion events that I don’t know about because I’ve selected ‘Human Only’ detection & hence won’t receive notifications of them (thank god!)?

I don’t know what to tell you maybe there’s a bug in the detection statistics for used days…

Total detective events: they don’t look high but it does depend on how much traffic it sees. It will detect all motion and then the AI will filter out what it deems not to be human.
Looking at the first screenshot - 13 days that roughly comes out to 195 detections per day give or take.
If you go with the 36 Days that comes out to about 70 detections per day.

Here’s my doorbell for one day set to all motion. I have an Activity Zone set but that’s hit or miss as it will still record stuff most of the time outside of the zone.:person_facepalming:

It appears, at least with my install, although eufy has the stats working again the statistics no longer reset to zero when you charge the cameras. Not sure why they stopped zeroing everything out because this was very helpful to start from zero after charging so you could easily tell how quickly the battery was discharging compared to the number of detections and recorded events. One step forward, two steps back eufy!

Yeah exactly - I’m hoping to monitor battery usage month by month, but if the ‘Used Days’ is off, it makes it hard to gauge & therefore compare your settings versus battery use.

I’ve just received a response from Eufy pointing to HomeBase 2 firmware as the potential issue…Hope they fix it…

“I have been in communication with our engineers regarding this issue and we have identified that it may be caused by the Homebase firmware. We are actively working on a solution and will release a new firmware update as soon as possible to address this issue.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and please let us know if you have any further concerns or questions.”