Deadbolt sticks & cannot manually open from inside

Success! It seems to me there are a couple of different issues going on it’s causing the same problem. I also was unable to unlock my door manually if I had locked it through Wi-Fi. However I noticed that if the door was open and I locked it through Wi-Fi I could unlock it manually. So first I tried updating the firmware but my firmware was already up-to-date and then I followed the suggestion of another post on this thread and simply chiseled away another quarter inch or so of the whole. That did the trick! Yay!

This issue was fixed for me with the firmware update. My issue was not related to calibration (I’d done it several times) or the deadbolt sticking in the door frame; it would happen every time I closed the lock manually and never if the lock was closed by the system itself. It seemed as though the motor was still engaged and I was trying to turn against a tight set of gears. Now the lock is cleanly disengaged and I can easily unlock the door even if manually locked.

This is happening to me, I reported it and not sure if they have a fix for this issue. It is scary, but glad I have the voice option to unlock. But if there is a fire, not sure that would be a working option. Waiting to hear back from Eufy Support.

No fix from Eufy. This becomes a serious issue now as every day deadbolt is getting stuck and we need to jiggle to unlock

This was an issue for me about a year ago, then I learned it had something to do with the calibration of the lock. I believe the manual explains how to recalibrate it. When you manually lock it by hand from the inside, make sure you don’t overturn the deadbolt too much. That is where my lock was getting stuck. It felt like it was supposed to click after a strong turn, but it’s actually not supposed to go that far. This was a big fix for my issue that I had. Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for your response. Yes, you are right, that is the exact issue I am also facing. Unfortunately, when we lock from inside, we need to use it very softly (if we lock it quickly/little hard) it stuck. Not sure, why Eufy is not fixing it. It is actually not supposed to go that far. Appreciated your input

1 Like

I came across this thread after having the same issue as some of you with the lock jamming when manually unlocking, after wifi locking the device. After a ton of trial and error I figured it out. As some of you have mentioned boring out the hole doesnt matter because it still jams with the door open and testing. If this is the case, you most likely have to chisel out where you screw the deadbolt into place, on the edge of THE DOOR a bit more. The eufy locks tend to be very sensitive to having a perfect installation with absolutely no room for error. Slowly, manually turn the lock back and forth. If you feel ANY resistance along the turn, you’ll have to keep adjusting your installation. It will only work when its buttery smooth with zero resistance. You can also loosen the screws a bit inside where it attaches and try moving it around a bit while turning the lock to find a sweet spot. I really hope this helps someone :pray: