Can't save 4k video due to subscription to cloud storage

I’ve just set up my EufyCam 3, and when trying to change the recording quality I’m limited to Full HD(1080P), and receive the message “Since you have enabled NAS or subscribed to cloud storage, the recording will only support 1080P full HD.” The motion detection on this camera has also gone really bad.

I haven’t enabled NAS storage, so the obvious issue becomes the cloud storage subscription. I removed the camera from the cloud storage, but it still doesn’t give me the option to increase to 2k or 4k, and I still get the same message.

Is there any way to get this camera recording at full resolution, or can I cancel my subscription and get a refund, I don’t particularly want to be limited for the next 12 months.

Or are there any plans to change this? A cloud subscription that doesn’t support 4k recordings when you’ve got half decent upload speeds is pretty poor.

The issue you described appears to be related to the cloud storage subscription and its impact on the camera’s recording quality options. Reach out Super Foam Usa to Eufy’s customer support for assistance. They should be able to help you understand the limitations of your current subscription and whether there are any options to upgrade or modify it to support higher resolution recordings.

PRODUCT IMPROVEMENT SUGGESTION

Dear Eufy Techs and Tech Freaks,

As a workaround when it comes to cloud upload bandwidth limitations in most consumers due to archaic ISP upload bandwidth limitations (Comcast could offer a security tier upload bandwidth upgrade, for an extra $10/month you could have 100 Mbps upload bandwidth - God knows they have the bandwidth), you may be able to make the gadget freaks out there like me happy by offering a dual-stream 4K local recording w/1080p cloud-backup solution.

I am a documentarian documenting my life. I have a lot of suggestions for how this product can be improved.

I can put 512 GB memory cards in my S350 cameras and set for 4K maximum resolution for internal recordings with a 1080p substream of that backed up to the cloud. (Please add that functionality to the user interface).

Then my most recent recordings would always be 4K that I could use for documenting my life as an online nonprofit volunteer for the MIT Media Lab, but if a thief were to break into my house and steal my camera (and all those SUPER PRIVATE recordings with it), at least I’d have a 1080p substream in the cloud of him walking up to the camera, assuming your cameras are smart enough to send substreams to the cloud without having to wait for all the video files to be written. Like a live cloud-based backup.

How difficult would that be for you to implement on your end with your expert Eufy 4K programmers?

That little bit of programming would make me a satisfied customer rather than a dissatisfied customer. I need cloud-based backup for security reasons, but I need my life documentary footage to be in 4K.

All I want are local recordings that I can edit in Adobe Premiere with some form of outside cloud-based backup as close to real time as possible to catch the thiefs, assuming they don’t take out my internet connection first, which, according to Comcast policy, is COMPLETELY EXPOSED to the PUBLIC on the OUTSIDE of the OUTSIDE at ground level.

I’m happy to rely on my own recordings for the 4K, but if the camera and recordings themselves get stolen, at least I’ve got a $9.99/month 1080p backup insurance policy that I am more than happy to pay for.

As for being limited to alphanumeric characters exactly 10 digits long for the cloud-based ADVANCED VIDEO ENCRYPTION PRIVATE KEY, that’s a joke. You are kidding all of us, right? That’s like saying, OK, Uncle Sam, here you go, feel to free watch all my recordings of me inside my house doing my thing 24/7. In my living room, in my kitchen, in my dining room, in my bedroom, in my office, in my other bedroom.

With 10 digit PRIVATE KEYS limited to a-z A-Z 0-9. I feel like I’m an actor on the set of the Truman Show now with a Trump administration on the horizon. Actually, I am a digital performance artist.

Subject: Re: [#TNC248045608]: What do you recommend I do. Return the whole system, find some kind of cloud upgrade path that supports 4K or what?

– – – – --[#TNC248045608]-- – – – –

Dear EVERYBODY EVERYWHERE ON PLANET EARTH who needs 4K recordings with 1080p cloud backup

We understand your disappointment regarding the cloud subscription supporting only 1080P resolution for your S350 4K Dual Camera Indoor surveillance system. The limitation is due to the current cloud service offering, which does not support 4K resolution for this camera model. Unfortunately, there is no option for a cloud upgrade that supports 4K resolution at the moment. However, the 4K video quality is still available for live streaming directly from the camera. If you specifically require cloud storage with 4K resolution support, you may consider alternative cloud storage solutions that offer 4K support for your surveillance needs. If you have any further questions or need assistance with exploring alternative cloud storage options, feel free to reach out to us. If the problem persists, please provide us with the following information to verify the warranty: - A screenshot or pdf of the invoice confirming the order number of your purchase. - Your current shipping address. - The defective item’s serial number, located on the device. It consists of digits and characters such as SN: ABC123XXX. If you can’t find the SN, a picture of the product itself will suffice. I hope this helps, and I look forward to resolving this issue for you. If the issue persists, don’t hesitate to reply to this email. We’re always here to help!

Ticket#TNC248045608