Battery doorbell dying when wired

I need help my battery doorbell kept dying I needed to recharge at least once a week so we decided to wire it . I bought a 24v doorbell wire from Amazon … connected it just fine to my wall outlet and doorbell and my doorbell says the battery is low . It’s also saying it’s connected at the same time to power … it goes from powered to battery and then just dies . I’ve reset it to factory(wired option) and re added it and everything and I’m still getting notifications while it’s wired that the battery is low :woman_facepalming:t2:I’m feeling very frustrated and not sure if this is happening to anyone else . Any suggestions?

Update: Problem fixed I commented down below

1 Like

This sounds like your wiring unfortunately. It might be worth having an electrician have a look to make sure there’s enough current/power/amps/volts (I don’t know which one)

Follow me on my new Instagram @eufyreviewer for new Eufy posts if you’re interested.

1 Like

I can’t be sure that is right.
I had my doorbell wired for 8 months or so - no problems.
Then since December, mine was losing charge and only showing the battery symbol (no power cord).
I checked the wiring, took it off, charged via USB, hooked it back up, and only saw the power cord symbol for 1 hour max.
Over 3 days, I saw the battery % go from 96% to 95%. Then as of the last 12hrs… power cord symbol is back and no % value (without me touching anything at all - and actually the last 12hrs have been very cold 3degC).
Who knows what the heck these cameras are doing.

1 Like

Eufy stops or cuts back charging the batteries at around 35 Deg F. to avoid destroying the battery cells. They used to pop up a little icon in the lower right side of the camera frame when that happened, but one of their firmware updates removed that feature.

If you try to charge lithium batteries in the cold, the electrolyte turns almost solid and the electrons can’t migrate. This will eventually stop the battery from working altogether as the anode gets plated.

The only way around this is to bring the doorbell inside and recharge it after it warms up.

My strategy is to make sure that all my devices are fully charged before cold weather starts.
For my doorbell, which has AC power to it, I turn off the power periodically to check its state of charge. If I need to top it off before cold weather, I’ll pull it off and bring it inside. I am looking at changing the bracket so I can run a 5 volt DC line to the microUsb connector so I don’t have to remove it for charging.

Lithium batteries will still work when they are cold, but they lose a lot of efficiency. Once you get down around -5 deg. F, all bets are off.

1 Like

I’ve had mine wire for about 12months no problem.
Had an electrician install it. He had to chase around for correct power adaptor.

Can we add photos here.

1 Like

I figured it out…all I did was recharge it to 100% and re wired it and now all I see is the power cord symbol so So far so good . I checked the power manager and it has the power cord symbol and before it kept going back and forth to battery but I think all I had to do was charge it and re add it to my eufy app as wired doorbell and :+1:t3:. Thanks!

Is it still working?
I did that, for 9 days I would see the power cord for half the day.
But day 10 to day 35 and counting, it is only indicating the battery… :frowning:
And it has been getting warmer so not a temperature issue here.

1 Like

I can’t get my battery doorbell to work when it is wired. I’ve tried adding the doorbell as a wired one but the QR code adds it as a battery doorbell. I get the battery symbol still on the app and the battery runs down in about 4 days. I like the doorbell but it will have to go back if I cna’t find a solution.

Anyone any idea what I try next?