Battery doorbell 2K not showing charged/charging logo, intended behaviour?

I have the 2K battery version on my back door and the Dual 2K version on my front door (also with battery). The Dual 2K version seems to be doing fine: it’s hooked up to my old doorbell wiring and constantly shows a plug logo or a charging one. It alternates sometimes.

The 2K battery version did charge via USB before using it, but is never showing a plug or charging logo. It was just a white battery with 100%, which is now 99%. It is also wired to an actual adapter which supplies more than enough power. I’ve tested it on the other doorbell (Dual 2K) beforehand, to make sure it works.

Why doesn’t my 2K battery doorbell show any sign it’s hooked up to power? I can’t find any useful or consistent info about this online. Is it intended behaviour? Will it only charge when it goes down to a certain point? I’d love top get a trustworthy answer on this. Weird that the manual doesn’t mention anything about this.

Charging a battery operated doorbell 100% of the time via an adapter will ruin your batteries. The doorbell (and other battery cams) aren’t designed to be continually charged at 100%. Thats probably why you don’t have an indicator showing the state of charge.

Your Dual 2k doorbell, hooked to your existing low voltage AC wiring, has circuitry to trickle charge the battery and stop short of continuous full charge. Mine usually shows the green plug icon. I added a switch to open the AC wiring so I could check on actual state of charge and measure the current in case I had issues.

If you have access to the back of the 2k doorbell, you could add a plug-in 24 volt AC transformer to that and it should work normally, provided your batteries aren’t toast.

My 2K doorbell is going on 4 years with no issues being trickle charged by my previous doorbell wiring.

Thank you. But are the 2K and 2K Dual different?

My 2K Dual has now been showing a charging icon for a day. It says 98% and 100% in power manager. It was a green charger first. This is normal, right?

The 2K (not-Dual) is just discharging, and hooked up to an actual adapter. Do they behave differently? Never seen a green plug on that one yet or charging.