App update 4.5.2 Trying to force you to update!

It seems that their is a new app update 4.5.2 to included the statement of “cloud service will be involved when users choose to push thumbnail messages” Also says fixes a major bug but no details on the bug.

At first the update message was over the app view and I couldn’t use the app. It’s like they are trying to force you to update so you will acknowledge cloud service. It took awhile but the message eventually went away and I could use the app.

I’m pulling all my cameras down today and installing a wired nvr system.

Good luck with this crap if you stay with this company

A few days ago, I vaguely remember a pop up message about cloud service that is now gone. Now I get a airplane like symbol pic pop-up making it mandatory to update to version 4.5.2 If you DO NOT update it prevents you from using the APP or viewing any recorded clips. I finally found a version that was working for me and refused to do anymore updates and now they want to screw it all up.

I received the first one about 3 weeks ago posted on here about it then. It was a small pop-up that covered the center of screen every time I opened the eufy app.

Now just 3 days ago I’m getting this full bore full screen to update.

Not sure if it’s eufy pushing this (but it probably is) as it appears to look like it’s actually the Play Store asking you to update but, my other apps that need updating don’t do this. Except for banking apps though it’s a totally different app update message.
I haven’t updated yet because the version I’m using is working well for me… I don’t need headaches right now…

Mine was in the middle of the screen with a rocket and white background. I know it probably won’t do anything but I reported the app to Apple under the fraud section. I listed it as false marketing. as they market the app as local, private and secure which it is not since it uploads to the cloud without our knowledge or consent.

I do not think it is fraud to get user to update.
I just hope the new version clearly not to leak users facez etc.

Google Youtube is worst, even you donzt update. Youtube update itself when you use the app. That is fraud. but now Eufy is run by ex-Google guy. our info may be sold.