App Issue - 2k video unavailable for this device

For some reason the app running on my iPad is giving me an error each time I try to watch a recorded video from any of my cams. It works fine for live streaming from all cams.

App works fine otherwise. I have EufyCam 2kPro and the 2k Pan and Tilt indoor cams. I get “2k video unavailable on this device” in the playback window every time I try to watch a recorded video. This worked perfectly on this iPad since I set this up in Dec of 2020. The error seems to have started in the last month. Everything still works fine in the app on my iPhone.

I assume there was an update someplace that broke it on my iPad. I did some searching here and googling of the error and only got hits from 2019. Nothing recent or helpful.

Does your iPad support 2K video or just HD? Maybe if you set the camera resolution to HD, you can watch on your iPad :man_shrugging:t2: Good luck :+1:t2:

1 Like

I suspect that older iPads like the iPad Air 2 don’t support 2K resolution videos. I would suggest that the eufy Security app should detect devices that do not support 2K video and should down convert it into a resolution that the device can support. Right now, out of 4 IOS devices we have one doesn’t support 2K video so either we can’t use that device if we want 2K video or we have to use 1080P video for all devices. It should be relatively simple to down convert 2K videos to 1080P for those devices that don’t support 2K video.

Cheers!

1 Like

Additionally, even though I have configured all my cameras (eufyCam Pro 2) to record in 1080P resolution, some of the recordings can be viewed on our device that doesn’t support 2K video, but other recordings still report the message that this device doesn’t support 2K videos, despite all recordings supposedly be in 1080P format.

Hopefully these issues can be fixed soon. I’m more than willing to help eufy support troubleshoot these issues.

Regards

1 Like

I agree the Eufy app should be able to display in other formats other than 2k . It should be relatively easy to transcode or allow access to the homebase to transcode it to other formats.

I use 2 older iPads when at home for eufy. Worked great with my 4 - 2k cameras for a long time. An update killed that. Shut all cams down to 1080p so I can still use the iPads. Still get that 2k warning just like u. Another app update killed my ability to download 1080p videos now. I’m not a fan of Eufys updates.

1 Like

iPad screen resolution has not changed much over the years. This comes across as a somewhat arbitrary call by eufy based on age of the device and the perception of processor power. They can do better but the app is already substandard in many other ways (clunky replay for one).

I got a single outdoor wired 20/24 some time ago. Video download no problem. I added 2 more just recently and 1 of the 2 new ones now won’t play the video (2k video unavailable…….). It is locked on to 1080p. How is it that 2 cams bought at the same time work so differently? Feels like a screw job by EUFY. Thanks EUFY.

1 Like

Is there a way to fix this, short of buying a new iPad?

Try VLC app.