Added new cam - now all cams are inaccessible

I had 2x S230 cams installed. They have been working fine for a few weeks. Yesterday, I added a new S230 and install went as expected. Wifi strength on all are between Good and Great. 2.4Ghz network.

After I installed, the new cam requested a firmware update. Immediately after that I cannot access the live stream or recorded videos on the app, or the online portal, for any of my cams. I still get alert notifications (including thumbnail) on my phone if something trips the motion sensor, but I can’t access the video or the camera settings any longer. The cameras will toggle between appearing as “Camera offline”, just circle repeatedly when trying to connect, and rarely the app will say “Unable to connect to application server”.

I’ve reset the wifi. I’ve reinstalled one of the cameras. I confirmed they all have unique IP in the router. Still cannot resolve. At a loss on this one.

Edit to Update: After some more troubleshooting, I can connect to the cams just fine using the app on my phone if I’m off WiFi on cellular data, but if I’m connected to my normal 5Ghz band, or the same 2.4Ghz band the cams are on, the app will not connect. Very strange since I could previously access the cams regardless of what internet connection I was on. I have cleared the app cache, uninstalled, reinstalled - problem persists. Interesting this happened with the addition of the new cam. Similarly, if I disconnect my computer from the WiFi and connect to a cell hotspot to access the online portal, I can access the cams fine.

Somehow the cams have blocked my network devices from connecting to them.

Strange behavior…
Are your original two Cams running the same firmware as the new cam?

If you haven’t tried this yet… Remove Device from the app (the new cam) and see if things go back to normal without it for a test purpose.

I checked and they all have the same firmware. I also confirmed there was no weirdness like a duplicated MAC or IP address.

I did remove the last camera installed before the problems arose, but things did not go back to normal. I will try tomorrow removing and readding all of them. One is on a second story roof, so I have to pull the ladder back out.

I uploaded a video (expires in 48 hours) demonstrating the weirdness. In the first part you can see I’m off Wifi and connect immediately to the most recently added camera (bonus bunny captured). I then connect back to Wifi and cannot access it.

Hopefully I don’t jinx it, but I pushed a beta firmware update to my router, restarted everything, and now I can connect to all cams again while on Wifi. Going to give it overnight and test everything, but may be resolved as a router issue? May never know what about the added cam triggered all of this in the first place, unfortunately.

how many devices do you have on 2.4ghz?
many older routers do not have capacity to handle my devices.