Motion detection stopped working after latest firmware update

Hey - since the latest firmware was applied to my Eufycam 2 cameras … they have stopped detecting motion.

You can still launch a real time view from within the app via but the detection has completely stopped.

I’ve restarted my homebase, adjusted and readjusted the motion and power settings on the cameras but still nothing.

Has anyone else experienced this ?!! The updates was applied at 15:26 UK time on 27/09/21.

Thanks !!

19 Likes

Yes, I haven’t found a solution yet! I guess the community is not monitored by Eufy. If I find something. Will post here…

1 Like

That’s great and likewise!

I have sent an email off to raise a support ticket so as soon as I get any details back from that I will update !!

1 Like

Mine has suddenly stopped working since the update. Glad it’s not just me!

2 Likes

I’ve had a reply from the support team who asked me to upload logs (via the app) and provide the S/N of each camera plus confirmation of my original order …

I’ve sent all that back and now awaiting a reply - will keep you updated :+1:t2:

6 Likes

Just here to say me too. I get notifications of motion detection but no videos. Have to power cycle the camera for them to record again

2 Likes

I have exactly the same problem as the OP. Mine worked really well before the firmware update. Hope a solution is forthcoming soon as a battery system that does not record motion is pretty useless.

3 Likes

Yes guys im the same !!! Eufy do nothing to address missing or delayed notifications…its really poor when an alarm /security system is so intermittent and unreliable I like the system when it works but im seriously thinking of going back to ring!!!

4 Likes

It seems that human detection is broken - charged to all motion and seems to work.

4 Likes

Thanks wel80. Changed mine to motion detection and now working.

1 Like

I also had to change from human to all detections because of latest firmware update that has broken motion detection on all my camera’s and I am pretty annoyed for this to happen when away from home on holiday so come on Eufy fix this problem you have caused.

3 Likes

Mine too. It’s a shame. All was right before. No more détection. I wait for a valable answer from the support. :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve changed the motion to all motions and will give that a go … nothing much back from the support team other than asking for some more log details :man_shrugging:t2:

Agreed with comments above about having a security system that is so sporadic with detection. … kind of defeats the point !!!

2 Likes

Add me to the this of suddenly no detections. Actually still in my return window and hate to send everything back (8x cameras) but this is ridiculous. Firmware 2.1.0.5 broke people detection on my cameras or severely degraded to where person must be very clear and contrasty and close…

Eufy: please add option to stop auto-updating firmware - but fix this problem first or roll back to pre-Sept 29.

3 Likes

Another Cam 2 user with the same issue here. It’s been like this for about 2-3 weeks for me since an earlier update. Some others were having this issue also.

1 Like

I have to have another say about new firmware update on 28th September not only has it stopped detecting motion but having to change settings on all my camera’s and the main camera which watches over the cars the battery has dropped 15% in two days due to recording everything and the camera faces a busy street. Another reason I am so annoyed is that I am away on holiday and worried that the battery will not last until my return and the cars do not have cover, surely before a firmware update is it is vigorously tested and as previously stated there should be a setting to switch off automatic updating. Eufy instead of trying to get new customers with all these so called offers you should look after your existing customers.

4 Likes

Actually figured it out my issue. When you launch the app. You need to click on security icon at the bottom. I had disarmed. This caused notifications to be turned off. I set it up for home for now until I determine what settings work for me. But once I did this. I started getting my notifications on our phones and on my alexa echo.

1 Like

Hi any update on this issue. My system has also stopped detecting human motion.

2 Likes

Exactly the same here do I have to report it ?

2 Likes

Eufy cameras are useless. My cameras have stopped detecting. So I reset them, now it picks and chooses what to detect. It will detect a car driving down the road during the day even though it’s set to human only - but completely missed when a parcel delivery guy walked up and down our driveway so in the middle of the night when it’s meant to detect all motion. Geofencing is useless, doesn’t recognise when you leave and then get back home. Then Eufy team just ignore you when you bring up issues.

10 Likes