Yellow motion-generated events on playback removed by Eufy w/o my permission!

New App released yesterday but still have the same problem

Can’t see a release, what version please ?

4.57.1608 US
Android

Thank you! i use a iPhone currently on version 4.5.5.

A new software vision for IOS 4.5.7. has just been released on the Apple store in the last hour, going to hold off updating for next few days,

Nothing change
Problem still exist

1 Like

only thing Eufy had been playing with in Live view is
from. Prepare to Play
turn to. decrypting from file
now a an Eufy Logo.

Why is the important event yellow marker is still missing?

1 Like

4.5.8 here IOS Netherlands
Still no yellow markers. Bit amaturistic

2 Likes

This missing feature is going to sink Eufy sales if it is still not fixed by End of March

1 Like

I emailed them about this here is their response word for word. Feels like somebody in China is responding…

Thansk for getting back to us. Sorry for the inconvenience we bring to you.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by the change of version, our engineering team is working together to back this function back, we can confirm it will be bring in the future App version. It won’t be long but we can’t say an exact time.

Thanks for your udersranding. Deeply sorry for the inconveniece we bring to you.

Reference TicketTNV507****

1 Like

What I don’t understand is why they didn’t roll this update back immediately upon realizing they broke this functionality? People all over are pretty pissed about it.

This incident makes the case to not use cameras that are updated by the manufacturer as they see fit. Not the first time an update has caused something else to go wrong with my cameras

1 Like

They canzt roll back because of the leaking user recording security hole.

I bet Eufy is still do not have a clue how to fix it.

Another new Android app 4.5.8.1611 released but it does not fix the missing yellow timeline isdue

They keep pushing out app updates to work with their new products, yet they keep failing to correct the issues “they have caused” we are having with our current devices from the last three app updates ago. :person_facepalming:
The latest one is for the wired wall light cam that went on sale recently.

eufy _ who’s going to buy your new products if you don’t fix the ones we have now?

Well, I mean, what are they supposed to do? Fail to support a brand new product with the app necessary to use it at all?

I would just say, be patient. I’m in the same boat, I’m not happy with this change. One of the big reasons (and there are only 2) that I moved from mostly buying and using Wyze to Eufy was that marker! and now, in every sense of irony, the newer Wyze cameras have it and Eufy does not.

But I’m not upset because I know that it’s likely due to upgrades that they are programming and features that they are programming into the firmware and app. For one, I own a Homebase 3 and cannot wait to get all of my devices on it. If I had to make a wild guess, I’d say that this probably has something to do with why the marker is gone in the first place as well as the little security snafu that has everyone screaming about Anker/Eufy lying about their hardware and software.

I have every confidence that they’ll fix it. It is too big a feature to try to take away or remove quietly. Just wait it out.

1 Like

We are All in Patiently waiting. but Eufy is in Radio Silence knowing how important this basic feature is to most users. Much easier to find the events in SD card.

Perhaps, Eufy can provide an update what are their plan is.?

1 Like

Distressed with the problem

Very inconvenient without markers.

Got an App update today…I think it is the 6th update after Eufy killed the markers

Disappointed still no yellow markers

1 Like

Today with new update 4.6.0, still same… I start to think this problem was made on purpose.

1 Like