Waterproof Motion Sensor

I would like to add additional motion sensors to my outdoor system. Example: a car pulls into my driveway would trigger an alert to my phone. Eufy has the exact feature I want in the software but the sensors they sell are not waterproof and are not intended for outdoor use. So I wish for a waterproof motion sensor please!!!

4 Likes

It’s quicker to make an existing motion sensor waterproof than it took you to write out that post!

1 Like

Share the knowledge!

you might try mounting it in a birdhouse with just the motion pickup lens exposed. just a thought

1 Like

I have sprayed my motion sensor with Custom Wrap - Removable Coating. It is a peel off coating. I sprayed
the complete unit, (including battery cover) and then removed the coating from the lens for the motion sensor by just rubbing with a finger. So far so good.

Got tired of waiting for Eufy to build the obvious…. I just jam them in a thin sandwich bag. I’m sure it kills some of its range but it works. I did change it from the picture by adding a small piece of tubing at the bottom to get some air. I noticed a bit of condensation forming inside the bag. This helped. It might die shortly…. But…. Oh well.

Here is how they currently look in case someone is interested. …. Sandwich bag over it with the mount pulled off. Rubber band around it (not covering the sensor) like the pic above. Bunched the bag at the bottom and stuck a piece of tubing in so air could get in. Rubber band on that bunch and that’s it. Oh…. Snap the mount back on with the bag in place…. It works. I added some camo tape so it blended in a bit. Not the elegant solution …. But easy. I did see someone found a nice mount on Amazon that could be modified to keep it dry…. But mine are stuck to fences and trees so free is good.

I think this is what some other guy used. Flipped the sensor upside down and then added some plastic of some sort in the front window. Don’t quote me on this. I did not attempt this. Just wanted to share if someone was looking.

Will attempt a link

I recently picked up the PEF Mount for All-New Wyze Cam V3 ONLY from Amazon that fits the Eufy Motion Sensor pretty well.
Not 100% sealed, but it doesn’t a great job and I have it under the eave.
I learned about it from a more in-depth video: 1st Eufy outdoor motion sensor DIY - Extending Eufy security camera outdoor motion detection range - YouTube

Yes please. A waterproof sensor would be very helpful