Unlock the Power of eufy | Wi-Fi Connection (For eufyCam E)

Do you ever feel that you’re getting out-smarted by your smart home? To make life easier, we want to share monthly tips with you that will help you make the most of your eufy devices.

Keep an eye out for more “Unlock the Power of eufy” posts and gain the knowledge needed to be top of the smart-home class.

Today we would like to share another feature of the eufyCam E with you. One which we believe will be very helpful for your future use. Let’s have a look!

eufyCam E Wi-Fi Connection

For this month’s installment, we’ll be looking at how your Wi-Fi Connection can influence eufyCam E’s functionality.

Occasionally, users have reported weak signal to their camera(s). This is most likely a result of location restrictions from having to maintain a wired connection between router and HomeBase. We’ve just released a cool update which completely removes this limitation. Your HomeBase can now go wireless. Simply follow the instructions in the app to find the perfect location for your HomeBase.

How I can use this feature?

To set up a Wi-Fi Connection for your HomeBase please follow the instructions below:

->Click on the app sidebar (top left corner of the homepage);

->Click “My Devices” and click on your “HomeBase Settings”;

->Click “Connection” to enter the Settings page, and then click “Wi-Fi Setup”.

Select your Wi-Fi from the Wi-Fi list (the same used by your phone), and configure Wi-Fi to the HomeBase;

→ Remove the wired connection cable from your HomeBase. You will hear a series of voice prompts saying “HomeBase is disconnected from the network”, followed by “Switched to the repeater mode”. This indicates that HomeBase has entered “Wi-Fi Connection Mode”. You can now try to locate the most suitable position within your home to plug in and reconfigure while checking signal strength.

->Finally, please return to the main page of the app and check the live stream of each camera.

How do I test the signal between my router and devices?

1) Testing the signal between HomeBase and your router:

The pictures below demonstrate scenarios in which poor signal may occur and how to resolve the problem using HomeBase Wi-Fi Connection. Picture 1 is a typical scenario showing the issue some users are experiencing. By activating Wi-Fi Connection you can move the HomeBase to a more suitable location. However, you must ensure there is a strong signal connection between HomeBase and your router. Picture 2 demonstrates incorrect positioning of the HomeBase. While repositioning, if the LED shows red and you hear a beeping sound it means the signal strength is too weak. Shorten the distance between HomeBase and the router until the LED shows white and the beeping stops.

(as shown in Picture 3).

:arrow_down: 1.1 Typical scenario of weak camera signal

:arrow_down: 1.2 Scenario showing incorrect distance between HomeBase and router

:arrow_down: 1.3 Scenario showing the correct positioning for HomeBase

2) Test the signal between HomeBase and camera(s):

You have now set up your HomeBase in a suitable location. If you are still experiencing a weak signal for one of your cameras we recommend changing the location of the camera itself. Move the camera and use the signal test to determine the appropriate location.

:arrow_down: 2.1 Scenario showing the incorrect positioning of camera

:arrow_down: 2.2 Move the Backyard Camera to a more suitable location.

When setting up Wi-Fi Connection please consider the following:

Wi-Fi signal must be 2.4G;
If you want to add additional Range Extender to enhance the signal effect, we suggest placing it between HomeBase and your router.
We recommend you don’t place the Range Extender between HomeBase and the camera, or between the router and the camera.

If you’re unsure whether your camera has a strong enough signal, there are two tips which may help you:

A) Use “Test Wi-Fi Signal” to check the signal strength of each device;

B) Pay attention to the voice prompts and sounds that indicate poor location for signal.

Power Unlocked! :unlock:

Do you ever feel that you’re getting out-smarted by your smart home? We know that the sheer level of features on our products can be a little overwhelming. So to make life easier, we want to share with you tips into how to best use your eufy devices. Keep an eye out for more “Unlock the power of eufy” posts and gain the knowledge needed to be top of the smart home class.

Where you can find us :smile:

If you encounter any problems during use or have any other questions, please contact our customer service team through the following channels:

1)eufy Security app → Help → Call us/Feedback.

2)Ask your questions here at the bottom of this post.

3)Send us an email: support@eufylife.com

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support.

eufy Security Team

7 Likes

I am very pleased in how detailed your explanation on the different breakdowns on what would be my best options thank you. :grin:

:joy: Very informative. However, can you please just fix the geofencing for Eufycam please. This has been in beta for 3yrs now, and still just does not work effectively. It is very frustrating to get a stream of notifications, because the app says your phone is “out of zone”, when the same apps map shows you pinned right in the centre of the zone.
Restarting the app every time you come home is not the purpose of geofencing.

i had totally forgot about the rooted dinner is tonight from 5:00 -7:00 I had taken some ribeye steaks out to have for dinner and was going to invite you over for dinner .sounds like I’m not having them either

I need help , how to connect to SmartTV

How do I get a new home base for a eufy cam 2? I moved and seemed to have lost it but still have cameras that I don’t know how to connect to my wifi?

They deleted it lol I copied it

My camera works great I wish I had them all around my house but I only have 1

@eufy_Operation @eufy_official Eufy, you suck!!! I bought two Solo Pro cameras last year and all was good thanks to your clever marketing. However, now I’m forced to purchase a HomeBase just to use these!? What the actual F! You don’t do that to paying customers. I will NEVER recommend your services again. And I’ll make sure everyone I know avoids purchasing your con-artist waste of space products! You’re an evil company and have put me out £200 on two cameras that have no use now. You disgust me!!

@eufy_Operation @eufy_official Please disregard and remove my previous message. I was wrong. It all works fine. My mistake.