Unlock the Power of eufy | the Power of Detection to your Indoor Cam?

Hi eufy fans,:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

We’ve created this guide to explain how some of the awesome tech packed inside Indoor Cam works.:smiling_imp:For today’s post, we’ll take a deep-dive into the following:

• :robot: How Indoor Cam’s AI works
  • :dog: How to make the most of AI detection
  • :round_pushpin: How to make the most of Pan & Tilt Indoor Cam
  • :speaking_head: How sound detection works

How Indoor Cam’s AI Work

Well, to start off, all of the image and sound data collected by the camera is analyzed by a LOCAL AI deep learning neural network, different from the cloud AI processing of most products on the market. :man_factory_worker:

This data is then cross-referenced with the algorithm feature database, which contains models of people and pets. Once it has compared the object with enough reference images, the AI will then be able to accurately judge what the object in front of it is.

This process is so thorough that Indoor Cam’s AI can accurately identify a human face 99.99% of the time! In fact, it can effortlessly distinguish between you and your pet, and can even tell the difference between someone crying and the ordinary voice of an adult.

How to Make the Most of AI Detection ?

The key is the location of your camera.

The installation location and height of your camera all depends on the sort of behavior you want to keep an eye on.

• If keeping a handle on :dog: playful pets OR :girl:cheeky children is your goal, install your camera at a height of 60cm-120cm above the ground.
  • If detecting the comings and goings of adults :man_superhero::woman_superhero: is your priority, position your camera 100cm-150cm above the ground.

And here are some extra tips you can follow that might be helpful for extreme cases:

How to Make the Most of Your Indoor Cam - Pan & Tilt :round_pushpin:

Did you know that it can track and automatically rotate according to your behavior? Isn’t that just simply amazing? :scream:

That said, because the camera features a machine learning mechanism, it has a few blind spots, but you can optimize these in no time at all. In the specific scenarios mentioned below, please follow the suggestions provided:

• Why Can’t Pan & Tilt Keep Up With My Movement ?

Please ensure that the distance between you and the camera is greater than 1m.

• Why Is Pan & Tilt Activating When No Objects Are Present ?

Indoor Cam Pan & Tilt might have detected suspicious behavior in the distance (it really is that accurate). However, if you still want a more precise trigger, it is best to adjust the size of the activity zone in the settings menu.

Another Intelligent World - Sound Detection :speaking_head:

Many fans who buy our products consider the health and safety of children of the upmost importance. That’s why we’ve included a special function for Indoor Cam that can detect the sound of a crying child.:baby:

Of course, the home can be a very noisy place. The drone of the TV or the sound of kids playing in next door’s yard can fill the air with disruptive noise. That’s why we recommend installing Indoor Cam in your child’s room. That way, it can accurately detect when your child is distressed, allowing you to immediately go and comfort them.

We hope these tips are helpful, but if you have any additional questions, be sure to comment below. We’ll do our best to address all of them.:smile:

Power Unlocked! :unlock:

Do you ever feel that you’re getting out-smarted by your smart home? We know that the sheer level of features on our products can be a little overwhelming. So to make life easier, we want to share with you tips into how to best use your eufy devices. Keep an eye out for more “Unlock the power of eufy” posts and gain the knowledge needed to be top of the smart home class.

Where you can find us :smile:

If you encounter any problems during use or have any other questions, please contact our customer service team through the following channels:

1)eufy Security app → Help → Call us/Feedback.

2)Ask your questions here at the bottom of this post.

3)Send us an email: support@eufylife.com

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support.

eufy Security Team

16 Likes

:smiley: Very informative. However, can you please just fix the geofencing for Eufycam please. This has been in beta for 3yrs now, and still just does not work effectively. It is very frustrating to get a stream of notifications, because the app says your phone is “out of zone”, when the same apps map shows you pinned right in the centre of the zone.
Restarting the app every time you come home is not the purpose of geofencing.

2 Likes

Pls fix geofencing. It’s very frustrating receiving notifications when I’m home.

1 Like

Hello, dear eufyer,

Please feel free to contact us via EufySecurity app - >Help ->Live chat/Feedback or send email to support@eufylife.com. Please add some descriptions if it’s convenient for you. We will reply to you as soon as possible.

eufy Security Team

Hello, dear eufyer,

Please feel free to contact us via EufySecurity app - >Help ->Live chat/Feedback or send email to support@eufylife.com. Please add some descriptions if it’s convenient for you. We will reply to you as soon as possible.

eufy Security Team

1 Like

Bought 2 of these as it said they would be compatible with Homebase 3 in November. When is this happening, if not soon I will be returning

1 Like

It’s funny how Eufy replied to all other comments within a day, but almost two months on and Eufy still haven’t replied to this comment.

They last schedulsaid indoor cameras would be compatible with the Homebase 3 in January 2023, but they’re running out of time fast in January.

Are Eufy going push back their time line, yet again?

2 Likes

Why is it the eufy security cameras are UNABLE to detect my cat in the backyard or the front yard?

1 Like

They claim it now be in March

Can you tell me how to install 30 seconds in the camera? @eufysecurity16 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

When I bought my homebase 3in Nov it said that my indoor and pt cam would be supported. So I bought jt even though it was on back order and I received it in Dec. Guess what ? Still not supported. Then they posted it saying January. Guess what? Now they claim it will be supported in March… can we return these useless device’s if no support?

Do these exclude wildlife and smaller animals? Because watching them pass by overnight was one of the reasons we bought these. If i still need a trail cam, these will be returned for something less expensive, and that can actually capture the wildlife.

Does anyone know or can they explain why I can’t hear anything but static via the app, but i can be heard via the device in home? The 2-way ain’t really working 2 way!

1 Like

How can I turn the alarm from camera when it detects someone or something

1 Like

How can you turn it off??? Suddenly “detected by local Al” showed up on my indoor came. I don’t want any “local Al” in my home. If no way to rein it off then the device goes in the trash

2 Likes

Anybody knows how to connect the indoor cameras to Home Base? I just bought some but they look totally independent from Home Base.

Which camera model and HomeBase?

HomeBase 3 and Solo Indoor Cam C24.

It shows it listed as available to work with the HomeBase3 as only being able to record onto HB3 for now and then later in the future to be able to work with its A.I.

Yes, the C24 is also a standalone camera that can just work with the eufy App alone.
Here’s a link on how to connect it to the HomeBase
https://support.eufy.com/s/article/How-to-Pair-the-IndoorCam-With-HomeBase-3

Good luck

Thanks. I knew this link but it just doesn’t work.

When I open the camera settings this button (edge connection) does not appear.
My camera is the C24.