Unlock the Power of eufy | Make Your eufyCam 3 Last Longer

Do you ever feel that you’re being out-smarted by your smart home? To make life easier, we want to share monthly tips with you that will help you make the most of your eufy devices. Keep an eye out for more “Unlock the Power of eufy” posts and gain the knowledge to be at the top of the smart home class. For this installment, we will take a closer look at eufyCam.

I NEED TO RECHARGE MY EUFYCAM AGAIN?

First, let’s take a look at the main factors that impact battery consumption:

• Internet Signal : A steady connection will improve performance and battery consumption.

• Position of Your eufyCam : If your eufyCam faces the street, frequent triggers are more likely, each requiring power.

• Live Streaming : Each time you use live view or speak through your eufyCam, power is used.

• Weather Conditions : At temperatures below 40°F, lithium batteries are less effective at maintaining a charge.

HOW CAN I MAKE MY BATTERY LAST LONGER?

Let’s make your battery last longer by maximizing efficiency.

Tip 1: Manage your activity.

It’s easy to see the total battery used since the last charge, and the number of events detected, with Power Manager.

Here are some suggestions to minimize overall event detections and maximize battery life:

Here are some settings to try if your eufyCam experiences too many event triggers:

1. Adjust the mode in Power Manager to “Optimal Battery Life” mode.

Go to: Settings > Power Manager > Working Mode > Optimal Battery Life.

1. Adjust your camera’s motion sensitivity setting to exclude irrelavent motion events and reduce false events.

Go to: Settings > Motion Detection > Detection Sensitivity Level > set the level from 1 to 5.

Remember: The higher the selected level, the more sensitive the detection will be. Even the motion of wind or grass may be detected.

1. Set activity zones to exclude irrelevant motion event detections and to reduce the number of false events.
  1. Set schedules so when you are home so eufyCam does not record events.

Go to: Security > HomeBase > Home M ode > disable Record Video > Save.

How to Set Up Home Mode:

a. Go to Security, and set your device rules.

b. Select Schedule, tap a blank area and there will be a pop up. Choose Home M ode , set the time, and then tap save.

Physical Installation Suggestions:

1. Install your eufyCam on a side wall.
  • Make sure it is not directly facing the street.

• Make sure it is not facing a major heat source, such as an air conditioning unit.

1. Avoid installing your eufyCam under eaves or in heavy shade.
  • Make sure the solar panel of eufyCam is exposed to sunlight.
  1. Adjust the direction and angle to reduce the number of unnecessary motion events.

Tip 2: Ensure eufyCam has a strong Wi-Fi signal .

Test the signal strength of eufyCam on your Wi-Fi network :

See the pictures below for scenarios where poor signal may occur and how to resolve the problem.

1) Weak signal positioning

2) Strong signal positioning

Follow the installation guidelines closely and ensure that you have identified the ideal locations for your HomeBase and eufyCam.

Power Unlocked! :unlock:

Do you ever feel that you’re getting out-smarted by your smart home? We know that the sheer level of features on our products can be a little overwhelming. So to make life easier, we want to share with you tips into how to best use your eufy devices. Keep an eye out for more “Unlock the power of eufy” posts and gain the knowledge needed to be top of the smart home class.

Where you can find us :smile:

If you encounter any problems during use or have any other questions, please contact our customer service team through the following channels:

1)eufy Security app → Help → Call us/Feedback.

2)Ask your questions here at the bottom of this post.

3)Send us an email: support@eufylife.com

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support.

eufy Security Team

74 Likes

Nice article.
I, however, bought all my cameras each their own Eufy Solar Panels.
Never have to worry about charging. The panel is awesome and built great. Suggest people do that :grinning:

9 Likes

How do I turn off the 2c pro camera,so it can charge faster. I tried turning it off but apparently if I turn it off I’ll lose my data or saved videos for that camera,so tell me how can charge it faster ,and how to turn it off so I can charge it. Thanks

3 Likes

It does not work

This issue was NeVER fixed. My 2c Pro cameras running iPhone 11 & 12 max pro are trash. Seems to be an issue with Portrait being activated. prior to iOS update you could only set activity zones in Landscape. I am not happy at all. I have tried removing zones in P and L which now picked up everything. Well at least my neighbors are covered by MY security system but ME not at all.

5 Likes

Use the eufy app? Each device that’s shown on home screen has a little options (gear/cog icon) turn off device simple

1 Like

The eufycam 3 is great, especially having the built in solar panel. My only concern is the constant tops ups of the battery possibly making the battery wear out faster. It drops and recharges less then 2% a day, the battery constantly going through charge cycles cant be good for longevity?

It would be good if there was an option to only recharge from a certain percentage or some setting so the battery doesnt wear out faster

22 Likes

When are you going to secure your web portal?

8 Likes

How can I tell one of my over-sensitive cameras to not notify my phone?

5 Likes

They have lithium batteries, so small top ups are actually better for the battery Vs deep cycling it. It was Ni-Cad batteries that you had to deep cycle. Doing that to a lithium battery will kill it more quickly than doing small top ups. I’m more worried about my cameras getting too much sun in summer and sitting at 100% for the whole summer.

5 Likes

www.google.com whoaaaaaa

3 Likes

www.google.com eeeeeee

1 Like

I purchased the eufy s300 4K in November 22 from JB HiFI it’s a great product except for one thing apparently you can’t buy the solar panels for them so I’ve been told by JB NOT HAPPY

1 Like

I don’t know… I found this information on eufy website… contact their support just to make sure.

2 Likes

Package not detected

Package not detected

1 Like

Wwwwww www.google.com

From right to left, on the solar camera, no pickup of subject until, subject is 2 step from being out of view. From left to right field of view picks up good. What can I do?

3 Likes

Dehdddheeee www.google.com

2 Likes

Wwwwwww www.google.com

1 Like

Eeeeee www.google.com