If you are in a town or city where it rains a lot (we’re looking at you, Seattle!) you might be wondering whether or not our Smart Locks are really waterproof?
That’s why we’ve drafted in our chief eufy Security engineer, who’ll delve into the juicy details behind Smart Lock’s waterproofing techniques.
We posed some frequently asked questions to our engineer regarding Smart Lock’s ability to handle rain of varying degrees.
I like in the UK where it constantly rains.
Can Smart Lock survive getting wet?
eufy Security engineer
- Don’t worry, our hardware is waterproof and will not be damaged by rain showers.
- It is recommended that you use the eufy Security APP OR the KEY to unlock Smart Lock directly. Water droplets may interfere your experience sometimes to input your password via the touch screen.
I live in New York.
We’ve just had the tail of a hurricane roll through and it’s rained heavily for 3 night in a row.
Can Smart Lock survive such punishing conditions?
eufy Security engineer
- For hardware: Our waterproof hardware means Smart Lock can withstand prolonged heavy rain.
- For software: In order to avoid heavy rain damaging Smart Lock software, the touchpad features an automatic locking mechanism. If constant heavy rain is detected, Smart Lock will automatically lock.
*If you arrive home to find that Smart Lock has locked automatically, you can use the eufy Security app OR the key to unlock it.
- If Smart Lock does not open at all, it may be out of battery. To open in such an emergency, you can unlock Smart Lock via a power bank and a micro USB cable.
In general, most homes still have porches protecting the front door, so you can be assured that Smart Lock will be protected against both light and heavy rain.
If you encounter extreme situations where you have no porch or the rain is particularly torrential, simply open your Smart Lock using the eufy Security app or unlock with the key.
A little tips about unlocking methods
Recently, I have seen many users’ questions about unlocking methods.
Our SmartLocks support four unlocking methods:
- TouchPad (password)
Do you ever feel that you’re getting out-smarted by your smart home? We know that the sheer level of features on our products can be a little overwhelming. So to make life easier, we want to share with you tips into how to best use your eufy devices. Keep an eye out for more “Unlock the power of eufy” posts and gain the knowledge needed to be top of the smart home class.
Where you can find us
If you encounter any problems during use or have any other questions, please contact our customer service team through the following channels:
1）eufy Security app → Help → Call us/Feedback.
2）Ask your questions here at the bottom of this post.
3）Send us an email:
We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your support.
eufy Security Team