Unlock the Power of eufy | Doorbell Video Quality

Today we would like to share another feature of the eufy Video Doorbell with you. One which we believe will be very helpful for your future use. Let’s have a look!

What is eufy Doorbell video quality?

Video quality settings allow you to make adjustments to ensure you get the best possible viewing experience. You can make adjustments based on your own home, the environment in which the doorbell is set up, network conditions, or the type of mobile device. This feature can be broken down into four parts:

• HDR
  • Distortion Correction
  • Streaming Quality
  • Recording Quality

By understanding these 4 elements all of your viewing needs should be met. Here, we will introduce these features in turn.

What is HDR and when can it be used?

High-Dynamic Range (HDR for short) provides greater image detail and dynamic range when compared to ordinary images. When active it will show better visual effects in the real environment.

However, this mode is not always necessary. It is particularly effective if your front door is frequently exposed to areas of shade, such as on a porch.

It will automatically fill light and better reflect the reality of your home. This means if someone approaches your door you can see them in greater clarity.

Here is an example of when the HDR feature should be enabled. Check out the difference:

(Thanks to Mr.Branham for providing photos.)

What is Distortion Correction and when can I use it?

If your Doorbell is placed in a corner, the view when live streaming may appear distorted as a result of the angle of the shot. The picture may be warped making it harder to see clearly who is there. By turning on Distortion Correction your Doorbell will straighten the angle of the lens to give you a more accurate view of the real scene.

Here’s an example where this feature is turned on, so you can check out the difference:

(Thanks to Mr.Chen for providing photo materials.)

What is Streaming Quality and how should it be used?

This feature is associated with image quality and loading speed while live-streaming. By default, the Doorbell is set to auto mode, where the system will dynamically adjust the current picture quality according to your network situation. By choosing a higher quality live stream, a faster speed is required from your network. Therefore, if you require a high picture quality, you will need a strong network connection. If you encounter issues with picture quality it is recommended to change to a lower setting.

What is Recording Quality and how I can use it?

The Recording Quality Setting directly relates to the size and resolution of each file stored for individual events captured by your eufy Doorbell. The default resolution setting will directly correlate to your phone’s hardware capabilities. If your phone supports 2K then the default setting will be 2K. 2K is supported by the majority of smartphones but not all. Please consider that if you share your account with a family member their device must also be capable of supporting the setting selected. By doing so you both will be able to view all the events captured by your eufy Doorbell at any time.

Power Unlocked! :unlock:

Where you can find us :smile:

If you encounter any problems during use or have any other questions, please contact our customer service team through the following channels:

1)eufy Security app → Help → Call us/Feedback.

2)Ask your questions here at the bottom of this post.

3)Send us an email: support@eufylife.com

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support.

eufy Security Team

41 Likes

My Doorbell seems to have become delayed in notifications. I can get home and walk inside and approx 20sec later I will get the alert.

67 Likes

When I activate WDR on my dual cam doorbell it doesn’t change a thing… Is this normal?

8 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: Very informative. However, can you please just fix the geofencing for Eufycam please. This has been in beta for 3yrs now, and still just does not work effectively. It is very frustrating to get a stream of notifications, because the app says your phone is “out of zone”, when the same apps map shows you pinned right in the centre of the zone.
Restarting the app every time you come home is not the purpose of geofencing.

5 Likes

My doorbell didn’t pick up a person approaching, only when walking away.

46 Likes

Mine too… It just started doing this in the last week… My doorbell chime rings inside 25 seconds after the bell is rung

11 Likes

In my eufy app it’s making me watch only the same like 5-6 videos over and over again. It just keeps showing clips from the same 5 and thsts it amd I can’t see no other clips from the entire rest of the day. I even Uninstalled the app and reinstalled it amd everything is already up to Date so what the heck is going on!

4 Likes

Hello, dear user,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We would like to help you verify the details of the problem, please feel free to contact us via eufy Security app - >Help ->Live chat/Feedback or send email to support@eufylife.com. Please add some descriptions if it’s convenient for you. We will reply to you as soon as possible.

eufy Security Team

4 Likes

Hello, dear user,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We would like to help you verify the details of the problem, please feel free to contact us via eufy Security app - >Help ->Live chat/Feedback or send email to support@eufylife.com. Please add some descriptions if it’s convenient for you. We will reply to you as soon as possible.

eufy Security Team

2 Likes

Hello, dear user,

eufy Security Team

2 Likes

Hello, dear user,

eufy Security Team

Hello, dear user,

eufy Security Team

2 Likes

My Eufy mains powered doorbell has recently started constantly charging? Why would this happen?

2 Likes

Please “Unlock the Power of eufy DIstortion Correction” for the 2 camera doorbell :grinning:

1 Like

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: Mm :joy: m

3 Likes

if I want to use one of the camera how can I block one of them

I bought this because Ring kept going offline but I have been nothing but disappointed so far.

Eufy promises a 2k video quality, but I have blurred faces at just 2 meters away while the Ring had clear faces from much further away. You can’t make out what’s being said cause the audio is very bad, too.

While the Ring records 10 seconds before the motion detection goes off, eufy starts recording when the person is already with their back to the camera.

The only good thing about this bell is that it hasn’t gone offline yet.

6 Likes

I experience delayed notifications - not good!! I’d there anyway this can be fixed please?!

5 Likes

My doorbell not working properly some time I can see the frame in history but no pictures and no video,I can’t open and watch anything

Thank u Eofy and Bunnings girl for helping me choose this system

1 Like