Unable to Name Device

Trying to set up a new 1080 doorbell. All ok on the Chime until it prompts to name the device but each I try gives the error ‘Set failed’ so I can’t continue.
Tried a variety of names such as Chime, EufyChime, FrontDoor,etc but all fail.
Can anyone help please?

We had this trouble too. We exited/accepted then went to home and there was an autoname assigned. We were able to change it then.

Seems like a bug that needs to get fixed.

1 Like

Thanks for responding but could I clarify. Did you have to cancel the setup to get back to Home then start again?

Eufy did have a version of the Android app that wouldn’t accept spaces or special characters in names at one point. This was fixed in an app update several months ago. Make sure you have a current app to avoid any issues.

That’s interesting, I did have an error when I tried a name with spaces though weird as I only downloaded it from Google Play a few days ago. I’ve raised a call with Eufy support but not had much constructive help yet. So far they’ve suggested it’s a problem with my wifi (which is fine) & suggested I skip past this point in the setup which I have no option to do. All a bit frustrating tbh

I just tried and sucessfully renamed one of my cams. I am on Android version 3.3.41107(US). Sometimes Eufy fixes things then breaks them in later releases, but didn’t see any issues this time.

I have version 3.3.41107 too. Still waiting on advice from Eufy unfortunately as the only option I have available is to cancel the setup

did you ever solve it??

I backed out of the setup (choose to exit when it gives you a warning) and as someone said earlier, the chime was there and I was able to rename there. So looks like the setup is successful even though you cant name it then and have to exit out.

It’s April now and the latest app (downloaded 2022-04-16) still has the same bug. Thanks for clarifying. I was reluctant to press the back arrow because the app makes it sound like you’re gonna lose the setup and pairing.

Why should it take this long to fix a simple bug like this?

I have the latest Android app version 4.2.0-1262 and just was able to rename my doorbell without any issues. Its not the app.

Just had the same problem and can not give it a name so the fault is still there. I followed the steps as above and the device is registered just not named

Exact same cycle for me - I get the “set failed” message, back out of that screen, and there is the device registered with its serial number as a default name, from where you can edit it. App is new from the Play Store, version 4.4.8. This just a dumb bug but really should be fixed - consumer devices should “just work”.

I have tried several times to give the doorbell base a name but, like others, I continually get a “set failed” message. So time has marched on and the problem highlighted by others in 2021 appears to have been ignored by Eufy. I will take the action mentioned and hope that I do not have to go through the whole set-up process again. I will also be putting this matter in a review of the product.

I know there was an issue about unable to name the device while performing a setup.

After you have completed the setup you can then change the name.
Tap on the doorbell base / chime then tap on General, from there you will see the name that it was given, tap on that and then you should be able to change it, then tap on save.