Not sure what has gone on here, previously has customised security modes on the app, went to create new and now the previous have gone!
Each time attempt to set one up keep getting “Failed Request 129”
signed out and back in / deleted the app and reinstalled, the issue remains.
Anyone else seen this or an Eufy server problem again…
Quite bit of table tennis with support.
First asked me to reset the whole system, which this should not be the first response, reset it and hope it fixes it!
Then asked to delete the app and reinstall, done this, no change
Then asked to try on another network and resent my phone network settings!
Then told me to update the app which i had the latest version
Come on… Just loaded the app on new device and logged on, still the same AS IT IS ON ALL THREE DEVICES!! (two are apple and one Android) This is clearly either account back end or App issue
I have the same issue. Wanted to add a new mode and an other custom mode is deleted. The new mode cant be added because of the failed request error (-129). If you know a solution please let me know.
Good to hear this issue not just with me, had all the type of responses and actions by support, some just straight stupid TBH, its clear this is a firmware issue and again Eufy cant or will not acknowledge the problem and fix it.
same here - new system. First it was fine adding new modes. But after deletion of the one - message -129 appears. German: ! Anfrage fehlgeschlagen.(-129).
Same issue . I created a customized mode and got deleted and now I cannot add any new customized modes with the same internal error. Anyone found a solution?
Last response from support was to replace the home-base, even pointed them in the direction of this forum, theirs!!
and would not accept this is issue that others are seeing, all i say is submit support tickets for them to realise there is a fault or fix what they broke.
appears that Eufy do not look at this forum or pay attention to the detail in mails via support…
This is an issue that Eufy have caused and just passing it off is unacceptable.
Was good system but you broke it and will not accept you have!
At first Eufy told me it was an app issue (to do with my iPhone/iPad). Then they said it was an issue with the HomeBase and I’d need to factory-reset it, which I was very reluctant to do. I emailed them and asked them to confirm that it was definitely a HomeBase and not an app issue andand got no answer so I went ahead and factory-reset it (I couldn’t wait any longer). It worked but I lost all my data and had to set-up all of the devices on that homebase once again.
The CS contact has just emailed again to say that it is an app issue not a HomeBase issue (which I find very hard to believe). Obviously it’s too late for me to test their latest theory but, in case anyone is is still having the problem, it might be worth referring to what they have told me. They have asked for the serial number of my HomeBase so that they can fix the issue.
Same, the app update not resolved the issue and they pushed firmware update also which also not fixed the issue.
Mail today from support requested to restart the home-base as their engineers!?! advise the issue has been fixed, will see…
Don’t misunderstand me, it appears that Eufy has handled this very badly. I would hope that, if this happened in the UK, the regulatory authorities would fine them heavily.
But, let’s face it with this breach, at the very worst, someone saw you butt-naked. Most security breaches with the biggest impact on an individual are as a result of their own incompetence or lack of knowledge.
Eufy has got a lot of work to do on its reputation but, for me, it’s the best of a bad lot as it allows me to do the things I want to do without paying ridiculous monthly fees to store a bit of video!
Well good news; After over 20 mails with support the issue for me is now working with even the custom modes i was attempting to create there!
Mail this morning advising now fixed ans it was, no explanation of what was at fault either.