Two homebased 2 units on the same network

is it possible to connect two homebased 2 units on the same network, i cannot hear it in another room its to far away.
thanks.

You can connect two on the same network. Unfortunately, the two don’t communicate. You can’t use your second HB for a remote chime or siren and automations won’t work across homebases. Modes are similarily crippled.

Maybe at some future time Eufy will figure out how to do this, but I’m guessing they didn’t anticipate this issue and probably the existing hardware won’t support this feature. Not everything can be fixed by firmware and software updates.

3 Likes

You could always get an Amazon Echo Dot, and use that to announce the doorbell chime, with the added bonus of being able to use it as a stand alone device in it’s own right as well, anywhere you can connect it to your wifi.

1 Like

I keep my phone with me most of the time and I check it on phone more often compared to homebase alerts.

As @pysailr mentioned, the nextgen HB3 may have this feature only time will tell. :blush:

Could it be possible to use an echo dot as a (louder) siren?

I agree with this, I have an extra homebase 2 sitting around and it would make a nice addition as a siren and possibly a repeater.

Would lovs to see that possebility as well

Yes that’s what I did. :grinning: