Still no HomeKit support for doorbell. Selling up and switching to Arlo - they can do it!

Well After waiting for nearly a year with constant replies of “We have raised your questions about HomeKit with our developerment team”. No you haven’t all your products are just rebranded platforms running on Tuya eco system with encrypted credentials.

Very disappointed so selling up my battery doorbell, 2C camera and Homebase2 and switching to Eufy’s leading competitor - Arlo - they’re wired doorbell supports HomeKit and they are releasing an update to the battery powered one soon to support this too

Even google nest camera’s can now be added to HomeKit and have HKSV via the
Starling Hub, even my 3 year old POE CCTV system can connect directly to HomeKit via homebridge - You can get your doorbell into HomeKit via the amazing homebridge plug eufy-security and it works as expected without HKSV but come on Eufy….

You are going to loose market share if you don’t start supporting HomeKit especially once matter rolls out.

I love your products, I have you rrobovac too but the lack of HomeKit support for your doorbell is making me ditch your entire eco system and switch to a competitor…

I’m only one very small fish and I’m sure you have hundreds of thousands of fans of your products but is it not too much to ask… i would have traded up to your new super expensive twin doorbell but again - no HomeKit support so … sorry

4 Likes

100% agree! I almost exclusively got the battery video doorbell because of the (what I now consider) “sales hype” regarding HomeKit integration, on May 2 that will be exactly 2years ago and there’s still no sign of it becoming a reality, by law in Australia this is actually an illegal trade practice, but at very least it is highly damaging to Eufy’s credibility and will make consumers think twice before considering Eufy.

To add insult to injury, the doorbell cam is also unable to send pushes/notifications/alerts to the google (nest) ecosystem.

These are limitations that simply aren’t faced by ANY other major brand, and with the premium price asked by Eyfy there just is no excuse…

PLEASE, Eufy, I implore you, fix this issue for everyone, do what you have been promising for years… your loyal users deserve the products they have been promised, and your prospective customers deserve products that work as expected for a 2022 product (and not restrictions that belong to a decade ago)

3 Likes

Gonna check-out the Arlo doorbell right now.

I sold my eufy doorbell sometime ago and opted for the Logitech Circle - the only true HomeKit doorbell.

Be careful with Arlo, apparently they appear in HomeKit but are not true HKSV compatible