Simple solution to future cloud upload security concern

I only just got (and failed to do adequate buyer research) but have not installed a Eufy doorbell and learned of the unencrypted upload of clips. I got it because I wanted interior (rather than onboard Sd card) local storage, but if a thief can wipe my data using the doorbell itself, the data is not secure. (see my other thread inquiring about any solution - like password protecting erasure, or a physical lock).

Anyway for people with a good router, or one that will allow custom firmware, routers can be made to block outgoing internet traffic from a device. So if you do not want/need a subscription service and only want to use local storage, you can block your doorbell from uploading tro the internet. Problem solved. You do not need Eufy to do anything in order to fix this.

This is not a major concern as my doorbell faces a public street so any clips would be what someone could come by to see . I suppose there is some slight risk that the clips could be used to develop facial recognition of me and my family or to rack comings and goings, but these are a low risk for me.

Caveat, I have not tried this as I have not yet installed my eufy do to my other concern. I may be returning it.

Anyone with the ability to modify a routers firmware, has enough sense not to buy a Eufy camera.
People buy them because the aren’t particularly tech savvy. anyone who’s tech savvy enough would have purchased a higher end system.

Eufy is leaking your “private” images/faces & names… to the cloud.
Eufy goes to great lengths to convince you it’s safe and accessible to you and only you.

The reality however, is totally different. Your face is given an A.I. Identifier. Your image is stored on their servers.
Even if you walk in front of another Eufy device miles away our AI ID is recorded, and you’re tracked.

Don’t believe it? Look here

If Eufy’s are not good enough for you, why are you here? What doorbell do you recommend that does not require a pricey subscription service, which allow remote access, and which do not store vids on board so they’re gone if the doorbell is stolen?

I ordered a wired Arlo and am going to decide which to keep. The only others that I see are ones such as an Amcrest or EzViz that allor RTSP.

The ability to block internet access for any device shown in the client list on an Asus router is easily done by a user without any particular programming knowledge.