Security System Widget

Please create a widget to easily change the mode of Homebase. It’s a real pain to open the app and disarm the system when the alarm goes off.

Agreed, that would be nice.

As a work around, I have a Google Home Routine and a home screen shortcut to execute it. Without having to open the app, I can tap the “Arm” and “Disarm” shortcuts from my home screen.

Can you tell me how to create that type of routine with Google Home?

Thanks in advance

Sorry for the late response. This may be different if you’re on an iPhone. Here’s what I did on Android:

• Within the Eufy app, under the Security tab, open the Homebase. In the HomeBase mode section, make sure there’s a “Home”, “Away” and “Armed” mode. You can create custom modes too if you need them.

• If you use the “Disarm” mode, it will require a pin code and the automation won’t work, since there’s no way to inject a pin within a routine. For me, I setup the “Home” mode as the same as my “disarm”, so it alerts me, but doesn’t set off any alarms.
  • In the Google Home app, select Routines, click the “+” sign at the bottom to create new.

• Setup the starter. This can be whatever voice prompt you want, and won’t matter for the widget/shortcut.

• Next, Add Action. Select “Adjust Home Devices”. Check the box “Arm security System”. Click “Done”

• Now, select the newly created action again, by clicking the “Arm Security System”. Select the Homebase mode you want. You can select any of the existing modes or use any custom modes you’ve created. Click the checkmark at the top right of the screen to save it.

• Click “Save” at the bottom of the Routine.

• Select the routine that you’ve just created to go back into it. At the top right, there should be an icon that looks like a phone with an arrow pointing at it. If you click that, it will ask you if you want to “Add to Home screen”. Once it’s on your Homescreen, you can rename it, change the icon, etc. It will run whenever you press that icon.

• Repeat this step for any of the modes you want to run. I set multiple icons for home, away, and home+armed.

I hope that helps!