No secure alarm = bye eufy

Given that the homebase 2 alarm is barely loud enough to hear on another floor of the same home and one can just unplug the damn thing after the tinkle alarm directs an intruder to the homebase, I’ve decided to abandon Eufy. I’m a security consultant and have spent over a year trying to offer constructive feedback, but Eufy isn’t interested. I’ll retain the cameras, for now, although detection is flakey and pigeons are humans aparently(!). These products have too many flaws to be considered a security system. It’s a shame. It could be so such more with some simple changes, including an external siren.

5 Likes

For me Eufy is secure enough. AI of human detection is great. And with homey you can add devices and create flows. I added the Aeotec siren 6 to my system. If alarm goes off, the siren produces a 105 db alarm. Homey switches lights on etc etc.

I bought the homey second hand for 180 euro. Lot of money. But it offers great home automation.

Eufy with homey is great!

I agree they should multiple remote alarms that sound. An outside one would be great! If they had this I would switch my home to there system!

I have the Eufy security system and so sorry that I bought them because of unreliable camera’s and homebase alarm which would not even wake up a mouse it is so soft so when my equipment start breaking they will not be replaced.

I saw this on another thread… hopefully it comes soon.