No events being saved

If you are using the Homebase 3 in wifi, please make sure you are not connected to the same wifi with your phone, as otherwise you will get no actual data in the app.
For whatever reason this is happening

I have EUFY Homebase E, 4 wireless camera e and 2 wired floodlight cameras. I’ve had my system since 2019 with no problems until now. I get notifications and can see them when I click on the notification; however, in my events log I do not see any recordings. After following this blog, I updated my EUFY app and did as some of you suggested but nothing changed. I went to EUFY support in the app and chatted with a rep. He said that they are aware of this situation and trying to fix it. They would email me as soon as it is resolved. Looks like we’ll have to live with this for a minute. I also found that EUFY was a Chinese owned company.

1 Like

I had the same problem (last event recorded was 22/01/2023 and I solved it (worked for me, might not work for everyone).
In the app, click on homebase, then storage, there is an option to repair or Format SD card
Tried repair a few times (no luck) then tried format a few times (no luck). I then restarted the homebase from the app and tried the repair/format again (no luck) I then physically rebooted the homebase and the format of the SD card worked. Events started recording immediately.
Although my SD card was only 50% full (I think that was incorrect, prob 100% full) at the time I think maybe there was a bug in the last update that prevent saving or over writing (or something) but by formatting the SD card it’s all working now.

Has this been solved for you now? Just happened to us in New Zealand, that exact problem!
If I catch the notification coming through I can view but when I go into the library I can’t see anything

3 Likes

I am glad you commented as I am having the exact issue from the same time also in NZ. Glad to know it’s not just my setup but still annoying that there doesn’t appear to be a fix! I’ve tried updating software and also tried deleting all of the stored events off Homebase but neither of those ideas has solved this issue for me.

1 Like

Having the same issue here in Australia. No events saved and no notifications.

Their customer service is very average and yet another issue comes from these app updates.

My patience is wearing thin and honestly and sadly I may need to look at alternative product.

This can’t go on any further.

1 Like

From NZ. I’m also experiencing the problem, suddenly just from today. Have two indoor cams - both of them are affected. Tried all sorts of things (reinstalling the app, formatting both SD cards, turning off and on the cams…), but unsuccessful. still getting notification and can see the 'preview’s when opening the notifications, but nothing appearing on ‘events’ tab, just from today. Can still see recordings from yesterday and prior. Very frustrating.

1 Like

It has not. It is a real problem for all users Im finding.

1 Like

Same i just noticed the videos stopped being saved under the Events since 3am this morning.
I am getting notification but nothing under Events. I have re-installed the app aswell done everything suggested but still not working.
I wonder if its to do with Daylight savings taking in place overnight.

3 Likes

Having same issue in Canberra Australia, with both dual doorbell and 360 floodlight cam. Doorbell is on Homebase2. Event gets notified, and recorded, but recording not being saved under Events tab. (Other cams that are linked to Homebase3 working fine still.) Have done reset, checked firmware is latest, restarted device etc. Guessing it is a daylight saving issue, hoping Eufy will recognise it and issue fixes via app / firmware updates…

2 Likes

Exactly the same for me in Melbourne Australia as well. I can see events via the notification but nothing is being saved under events in the actual App. I have updated everything as well / cleared storage etc / reformatted and re started everything.

Just started doing it this morning and has been fine for months with never a hiccup.

Daylight savings issue??? Hmmmm

1 Like

Have you reported it to them? I guess the more of us that email the better!

1 Like

Have you emailed? More of us that email the better and it will get fixed quickly!

1 Like

Having the same problem here in NZ. Just emailed support.

1 Like

Yes, I have reported it. Think your suggestion is a good one - the more people that email the better the chance of a resolution.

1 Like

Yep I’ve reported via numerous communication avenues. Nothing back yet however

1 Like

Same here in Melbourne AU

Noticed the videos stopped being saved under the Events since 3am this morning.
I am getting notification but nothing under Events. I have re-installed the app as well done everything suggested but still not working.
I wonder if its to do with Daylight savings taking in place overnight. I’m almost certain it is after reading other identical posts.

2 Likes

This is really annoying me now. Would be good if they could at least address that there is an issue and a resolution is on its way… we don’t even know how long it’s going to be like this. Camera’s are basically pointless right now

2 Likes

I have checked with my friends who also have this system and it seems that it is only effecting iPhones. Those with other phones aren’t having the same problem.

1 Like

Ahh. That makes sense. I too am using iPhone

1 Like