No events being saved

Set up our eufy doorbell yesterday. We sent our child down the driveway and sure enough my phone alerted me to someone in the drive. I clicked the notification and watched my son walking about. When he came in he wanted to see himself but there is nothing saved, no evidence he was just in the driveway? Surely if that was a burglar I’d just seen in the driveway I’d be angry as I can’t see the footage now. Nothing showing in events since we had the device set up?? I’m super confused and already frustrated. What am I missing?

1 Like

Sounds like the Record video setting is unchecked.

Go to the Security tab at the bottom of the app.

Click on the gear icon under the Mode that’s highlighted(Probably Home)

Select either your homebase, or if you don’t have one, your doorbell.

If you have a homebase, click on that and find your doorbell.

Under doorbell, there are settings for Record Video, Push Notification, and Homebase alarm(If you have one). Make sure Record Video and Push Notification ae both checked.

Also, if you go back out to the doorbell setting menu, under Notification, you can set your text Notification to allow you to click on the notification to be taken to the video clip for the event.

I tried them but I’m still unable to view the events. What should I do?

I’m having the same problem and have checked the suggested settings and no cure. I’m getting notifications but no recordings since January 22 despite me using the door and post persons coming

1 Like

having the same problem on my T8213 since 1/27/2023.Ii have tried the settings and powered off/on both homebase and doorbell camera but still no event recording.

fixed by updating the eufy app

That’s odd, my cameral also stopped recording events on 1.22.2023. I get notified, but no event. Think it could be an update we all got that stopped it from working?

2 Likes

Just received the following update from EUFY chat 1.30.2023 7AMCT:

Blockquote

( 6m 23s ) Agent-Remi: Thank you for waiting, we are currently experiencing this issue on the app, we are very sorry for the inconvenience. Our team is currently fixing this issue as soon as possible. Can you leave your email and I will let our team experts help you in 1-2 business days for the follow-up of this case?

Blockquote

Had the same issue, I got notifications but when I went to Events there was nothing there. After seeing this thread I updated my app and that solved my issue and all my recordings reappeared.

I had the exact same agent that wasted time asking questions when I had already given the same problem. He took my email as well.

I did suggest that they just push the old app back out using the play store. Apparently they would rather “work” the problem and enjoy the upset customers than have a working app.

1 Like

I did the same - bit of a pain, but because it was working on my wife’s phone and not mine I decided to delete the app and reinstall from App Store, all working fine now.

Having the same issue. Works on my husband’s phone but not on mine.

I’m having the same issue. Can you please advise when will this be resolved?

Got it figured out. Go to your events tab. then on upper right click the smart filter icon.
When it opens see the following

Event Type: select All
Devices: select Doorbell
then your done and should start receiving whos at door live and recordings.

this didn’t work for me and like others, i cant see events past January 23rd.

Any other solutions?

Sorry I don’t have another. It did work for me.

This is a problem for my wife’s events now. No events are stored. This worked correctly for both of us until Jan. 16 2023. Since that date there are no events stored for her viewing on her iPhone. Homebase was updated on jan 16 2023.

I am also having the same issue. My device seems to have stopped recording since 1 February 2023. Can someone note what is the issue? I’ve looked at everything that everyone has suggested but it still doesn’t help.

1 Like

I am also having the same problem,please give a working answer

The home base does not show the doorbell all other cameras ok

Having the same issue. Events show up for a few min but are fine right away. Nothing going back either