Night vision not working very well

Hello,
Two of my four cameras are the same, night vision when you open them, then fade to black, I walked up to it and no event triggered system version 4.5.8 eufy cam.
Purchased 2 days ago

Hi,
I have the same issue with one of my 2 pro cameras purchased 3 days ago. Firmware Version is 4.4.8. When I open the camera during the night, the IR led’s are turned ON and I can see the image as expected, then after 1 second the LEDs are turned off and image is almost dark. The other camera is working fine în nightvision mode. I have tried to reset the camera, switch between nighvision mode but no luck.

I will try to dismount the camera and change it’s position to see if there is any difference…

I was expecting a better quality for these camera’s…

Mine is not working. After dark the cameras stop detecting until daylight

1 Like

i think this toogling on and off advice worked - thanks
But there was advice to “Turn off infrared to prevent bouncing off the wall”???
What? how?
I bought the light to help me reverse car up drive on dark rainy nights
But suddenly the new game was to open Amazon parcels left on doorstep and help themselves :grimacing:(well is either the kids or the Amazon Driver …which I think is probably unlikely … sigh
So i got the camera too
And of course now they are challenging the camera and have angle ground off the shed locks - not stolen aught - little finks have just done it because they can … because they are smart … and in a rural area not much else to do but double dare and planning it all out is all the fun
And the camera saw nothing
Am a little disappointed that there are rain drops, issues with Night Vision and possibly the light has been badly set but am thinking a way of lifting the camera further off the wall mount might help - perhaps adding a longer neck to the wall mount?
When i angle the camera to the rear of the building there is just so much wall - which the Infra red must be bouncing off
I have tried reducing the amount of wall visible on the default set
Of course our winds are very high - the wall is a gable end - there are no eaves

Have wondered if light could be mounted on a very thick block of wood fixed to the side of the house or perhaps some kind of bracket which the camera could hange down from

I suppose when I get more money i can get another camera for the rear bu the house has issues already with having enough electrical outlets… sigh
And my electricity bill seems to have doubled - of course it is Xmas and Christmas tree lights / family staying but am looking at the light and wondering how much it is costing me in these crazy times and parying the solar panel grants are going to be finalised some time soon
Like I said I only wanted to be able to reverse safely down the narrow drive - I actually like the night and the stars and the darkness
And really do not want a camera war with the kids cos they are too smart for me plus have access to a plethora of parental cordless tools and I would clearly lose

O and what is the Status LED and would that save energy to turn it off?