Motion detection stopped working after latest firmware update

Morning, A little update from my post #140 last night. I can see that my hombase has not had an update since the 22/11 but my cameras had the update that eufy pushed through yesterday to 4.6.6. My cameras are set for human activation and Since 5am today I have had 15 activations/notifications. I have not had to restart anything either, and all appears to be OK.

2 Likes

Has anyone else noticed yesterday’s update to 5.4.3 (2C Pro + Homebase 2) ruined motion detection completely?
In my case everything was working flawlessly up to that update, and now only 20% of motion is detected, in particular if a face is not looking to the camera the motion will not be triggered if set for human motion. A disaster if I may say so, very disappointed.

9 Likes

Is your homebase updated to 2.1.8.5h?
That’s the one I got yesterday. Don’t use 2C type cameras, only 2K battery doorbell and 2 (Pro)s.
Will check tomorrow if motion detection got broken.

If this turns out to be a problem we need to report it to eufy.

I have had 5.4.3 on 2 cams since 9-28 without any issues. If people are getting this, it might be another issues of different chips in the same model. Mine have worked fine on that release sine the end of September. Also on 2.1.8.5h for homebase since 10-21.

Same issue here. Updated to 5.4.3 and since then the detection is dead. No recording and no notifications. (HB2+ 2C Pro). I’m seriously thinking of returning the system.

1 Like

Try the 5.x steps from here: Motion detection stopped working after latest firmware update

Also resetting HB2 with pin has worked for some.

Same here. Everything was working fine before the update (2c pro cameras). Now motion detection problems. Will try the 5 steps as described but the first 4 are not yet working. Perhaps motion detection set on all motions instead of only humans…

Please let me know if anyone else solves this problem.

My security system is now useless. The automatic update has broken the cameras and now I just have the doorbell working. Eufy need to act fast as they have taken a system that was amazing and broken the whole thing.

3 Likes

Mine is 5.2.7, check for firmware says it’s latest. I have 2C Pro + base 2. However, motion detection is much active in sunny days vs cloudy days or night. Even if it’s human only, it captures car passing by but does not capture car approaching from front.

I must say that my 2 Pro stopped detecting motion after the 4.6.4 firmware update. Something definetly broke, but I’m not sure it’s the homebase, more so the cameras themselves.
My other 2 Pro, which is from the older chipset, works just fine.

Has anyone contacted support@eufylife.com yet?

1 Like

I have a system with three 2 Pros, 2 original eufyCams and a eufyCam E (plus doorbell and door sensors and two Homebases - an original and a 2). Until yesterday the whole system
had been working perfectly. Around 3pm, the 2 Pro cameras stopped recording movement and triggering alerts. The older eufyCams, door bell and sensors all continued to work correctly. Around 3pm all three 2 Pro cameras received firmware update 4.6.4 - in other words, when the f/w updated, the problem started.
I have contacted support and, of course, their response was that it is nothing to do with the firmware even though it very obviously is.
Can I suggest that everyone affected by this issue contacts them as they need to know that it is not just an isolated problem and will need to investigate their firmware update.

both my 2c cameras stopped detecting human only motion when they updated to firmware 5.4.3 have tried all the torubleshooting factory reset etc twice lol i have reached out to eufy support.

I have tried all steps, even reset of HB2 and cameras. Installed everything and still the motion detection is not workink. With one cam the sporlight goes on but recording does not take place. I will contact eufy as well (tomorrow). Everything was working untillnthe update :pensive:. If anyone have a good idea to try, please let me know.

I have the exact same issue now with albeit , the issue is actually with HB2 with version 2.1.8.5h updated on 22 Nov as my 2 Cam Pro is on 3.8.4. Motion Detection stopped working post HomeBase 2 update. Have Rebooted the HB2 multiple times, do not want to reset it as i then i have to re add the 2x Motion Sensors, 2x Cam 2 Pro, 1x Door Bell and do all sort of settings.

You are a moderator…. You don’t have these idiots ear?

Same issue here !!! No more detection ! What a pity !

Only if it’s a confirmed big thing. Need more people reporting this here for me to start talking to people.
It always helps if a lot of people complain about the same thing. If it’s a bug, it’ll be on the radar. If it’s a request, it will be considered.

It has come to our attention that we cannot detect the paper delivery boy at 6 am. Both the eufycams 2 pro of me and our neighbors doesn’t detect the boy on a bicycle. Front yard is only 2,5 meters and cam is on 2 meters high. It seems like motion detection has flaws. Can anyone at anker investigate this problem?

Did your cameras update this week to 4.6.4?

Yes, cams at 4.6.4 on nov 24. But paperboy yesterday 25 nov.not detected. At 6 pm.