Low sound through Mic after doorbell press and live viewing

Anyone experiencing this issue?

Poor sound over the mic when doorbell is pressed?

The person visiting can hear me but I can’t hear them after the button is pressed but archived footage has clear sound!

Also in live view the same problem occurs.

At first i thought the mic had failed or one of the components on the PCB but after further investigation this clearly wasn’t the case.

I had made contact with Customer support but as the product was 3 months out of the warranty period they won’t exchange the doorbell which prompted me to check archived clips.

Clearly a software bug!!

I noticed an update has been rolled out for the homebase in June 2022. I suspect this is where the issue is.

Hi, I have exactly the same problem and also believe it is a software bug. Did you manage to fix it? Thanks. Petr

Hi Petr,

I contacted Eufy Cust Services.

The claimed that they couldn’t do anything under warranty as it was over 12 months old.

Is your doorbell 12 months old yet?

After further investigation the mic was working for anything recorded but for live footage when the doorbell was pressed I would struggle to hear the person at the door.

After a few messages back and forth and having to repeat myself a few too many times, a software update was sent to my homebase which seemed to improve my issue.

Can you confirm your doorbell software and homebase software?

Regards