Live view on more than 1 camera at the same time

Live view on more than 1 camera at the same time

25 Likes

Something like a basic grid view would be cool. Ultimately, if you could get a live view as soon as you open the app, similar to nest and unifi, that would be amazing.

14 Likes

A shame that this basic functionality is missing: a live grid view of all connected cameras

11 Likes

Indeed !

3 Likes

Yes please!

EUFY… MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

6 Likes

This feature is so important to me that it is the only thing preventing me from switching all of my cameras from Wyze to Eufy. I must be able to see live video feeds from different rooms at once.

5 Likes

I so hope Eufy fixes this and allows this simple feature in some sort of firmware update very soon!

Before I decided to start purchasing Eufy products, I actually anticipated this being possible since many security systems have this option where you can view multiple live camera views simultaneously on one screen of the app.

The only reason I can think of on why it’s not yet an option would be because maybe the Homebase was only setup to feed one network camera live view at a time. Maybe they all share some sort of internal access in the software. I have no idea.

I would assume that by having multiple live views open simultaneously, it would probably slow down the feed through the network as well since each device on live view is using up bandwidth online so you wouldn’t want to keep them all running on live view for very long. I still wish this would be an option, even if the app only allowed this view for one minute at a time.

3 Likes

Don’t think they will ever implement this, as it will have significant impact on battery life time for the wireless cameras

1 Like

Not really. It wouldn’t make any difference than what the Live View does now, it would just affect multiple cameras battery life rather than one camera. If I have to check all my cameras and I click on Live View to see them all at once, it would be the same battery usage as if I were to check each one separately in Live View instead.

2 Likes

Indeed !

2 Likes

My arlo App with 5 old arlo 1 cams was able to do it perfectly. In the devices tab where you see old pictures of all the cams when you start the app, in Arlo you click a play button on any of these pictures and it changed to live feed in that position, while eufy opens a new view for only that one camera. So in Arlo I clicked play for the area where I thought the thieves were and could whatch them move around. If I had known eufy does not support this, I would have stayed with Arlo.

1 Like

This is actuality a bigger problem than it may seem too. Because let’s say you live in a large home with cameras posted throughout along with door and window sensors and a whole house alarm.

Example:
You’re laying in bed late one night watching reruns of your favorite sitcom (The King of Queens). All of a sudden your house alarm goes off on your phone with the Eufy app. Before you jump out of bed to grab your weapon of choice (bazooka), you need to know where your home was breached so you can confront the burglar directly. You look down at the Eufy app and you have way too many sensors and cameras in order to figure out where they’re located by just checking each camera one-by-one. It would take too long and by the time you found the camera he’s on, you will have barely seen him pick up your cat and run out the back door for a clean getaway.

No if you could play all cameras in live view simultaneously all on one screen, you would’ve immediately known were to go to get to him the fastest…and you would still own a cat.

Sorry, my mind wanders as I was typing and I just went with it lol. Hope my story helps open the eyes at Eufy and helps them consider allowing this important option. I would really like to keep my cats.

6 Likes

You’re there, messing around with The King of Queens. Meanwhile, the cat that owns you is busy monitoring live feeds from several eufycams with the app, simultaneously!

The cat figured out, all you have to do is…install the app on every device you’ve got handy then, while seeing for yourself that that silly AF workaround works, sit there wondering how the cat figured out what the nice people at eufy, haven’t. Yet.

2 Likes

When you say install the app in every device handy, are you suggesting to be able to watch a single camera feed on each device logged into the Eufy app on each device?

If so, will the Eufy app even allow you to login on several devices simultaneously? If so, you would have to line up several devices next to each other and click on one camera live view on each one lol. I think I’m understanding what you’re saying, right?

2 Likes

Please Eufy add this very necessary feature. You’re doing a great job with your cameras and hopefully this feature will be implimented given the launch of the new HB3. Thank you.

1 Like

I found Eufy app gives user very basic feature only.

No difference to other no name brand.

1 Like

That would be great!

1 Like

Please add this feature, this is a basic security camera feature!

3 Likes

Indeed, the live grid is like the single most fundamental expectation of multiple camera functionality

3 Likes

VERY disappointed that Eufycam cannot manage such a basic task. If I was aware of this I would not have purchased the product.

1 Like