Latest update is terrible

Did you guys even test this new update before you rolled it out? Lost notifications, cams stop continually recording, I could go on but I’m sure it doesn’t matter. Thanks for turning out just like wyze cams….again I have to go look for new cams….such a fun experience!!

4 Likes

This is a toxic post. what product and what have you tried to remediate the issue etc? After an update it makes sense to reboot the device, eg homebase.

I understand this persons frustration. Eufy updates have now on 3 occasions taken my system from fully functional to a worse state. This time your updates have ruined the add on doorbell camera detection. This was fine but is now poor. I am a very experienced user of your kit and have a Homebase, 3 cameras, 3 solar panels and an add on doorbell. I know your systems inside out. Others don’t notice technical problems as quick as I. Watch the complaints flood in. ….
The last big update mess I asked you to stop sending updates without me having a choice to accept. I don’t need any extra functionality, I want the basics to work and then leave me alone in peace to let the system do its thing. I agree with this frustrated user that you are not testing properly. Please take notice of experienced users and stop updating the system with glitchy updates.

6 Likes

I fully agree that the user should have the final say whether to install an upgrade or not, because the risk of complications exist. The user should be able to review changes first and then decide if these make sense

4 Likes

I gave direct feedback about this and mentioned forum is full of angry people.

This can be done by selecting Help in main app window, then at bottom select feedback, pick a product you use and state you do not want auto-updates but you need possibility to approve update.

Maybe with enough feedback they implement it

1 Like

Also, they dont read your posts in the community. Use the feedback channel. Many direct complaints should go that way

1 Like

Same here. Have had the Eufy system now on 2 houses. Have 3 cams and the doorbell. Since the Last update, now I receive no notifications unless I actively have the app open. Also, with the app open, if I do get a notification, It will not take me to that cam when clicking on the notification. This is absolutely garbage! Kept thinking it was a problem with my phone, NOT! Very unhappy customer here. Oh, and before people ask, yes, I have restarted the phone, the homebase, uninstalled / reinstalled the app. There is a definite flaw in the new update.

Just installed V3.50 Seems to be working fine.

Sadly, now a bit later, V3.50 acting same as the most recent update. Only getting notifications if I actually have the app open, then it is hit or miss if the notification will take me to the video.

2 Likes

Toxic post or not. How many damn manufacturers do I buy until I’ve had enough?? I’m not going to keep wasting money on something i pay for but don’t end up owning. Everything is like this now and personally I’m fucking sick of it. That helpful enough?

3 Likes

I have exactly the same feeling about this eufy bulshit cams.

2 Likes

The latest updates to my camera system is frigging rubbish. Events are missing and rarely being captured. Events that have been captured take forever to open and with ever increasing regularity give me a message that it cannot play a live feed! I’m not opening a live feed you bloody idiots … I’m trying to view a recorded event! I honestly can’t tell you how pissed off I am at these latest updates. You guys are responsible for making my product unusable and wasting my money! FIX IT!!!

2 Likes

This thread is for Web site.
need to post in Camera section

Having the same issue after update. Notifications broken. Damn no motion notifications or Doorbell presses.

2 Likes

Rebooting does nothing ,he is correct in the description, the update has made this system useless

2 Likes

4/25/2023 i too agree the updates have destroyed my eufy doorbell camera. I have sent comments to eufy. And get: they are aware of firmware issues. And update 461. Will repair or they tell you to reinstall or the techs will what you to blame your phone settings on there software firmware problems. I never had a issue with the firmware that came out the box!!! Why fix whats not broken… yes i too would like reverse all update to pre February 2023 and have the freedom to deny updates!!! My eufy products is worthless Now!

Glad to see eufy is still destroying their products, and how they are super helpful and responding here in the forums. Eufy, if you can read, or see this, you are just such an amazing company, customer support is FANTASTIC!!

And word of class action lawsuits?

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. Eufy are absolutely useless. I’ve had app issues with not showing detection statistics and was working when I paid £350 for my 4 cameras and then added motion sensors and door sensors as well as indoor cameras to keep an eye on elderly dogs. Eufy keep fobbing me off with “it’s a software issue and the back engineer team is working on it and you will get priority testing of it on your system” bullshit. I’ve managed to get a 50% voucher for any eufy product as I’ve plagued them with emails every other day expressing my utter disgust in how I’ve been treated. So I used it to get solar panels and I will be asking for further goodwill gestures until it’s sorted. They wanna fuck me about I will take full advantage of their incompetence. Then if they don’t get it sorted I will sell the whole bundle on fleabay or similar site.

1 Like