Is it possible to create distinct security zones that can be enabled separately?

I want to create 3 zones in my home security system:

1. Garage
  2. Downstairs
  3. Whole house
    The enable them separately as needed:
    a. When I’m out: whole house
    b. At night: Downstairs or Garage if the kids are out
    Or perhaps enable just Door & WIndow entry sensors and not PIRs.
    Is this sort of customisation possible?

All your cameras working with a homebase? Then Yes…. Modes. You have home,away… and 3 custom modes. If you have a keypad… you get 1 more. All of these are fully customizable.

This is 5 or 6 different ways to set up your system. And once they are setup… you can use the schedule mode and have all these setup to auto switch between modes. Set them up as the “perfect” week… and then you only need to manually switch modes if you are off schedule.

I have time this morning so I will add to this. You can’t think of it as zones…. But how you want everything to work at different times of the day.

Away: away mode is easy. How you want your system to behave on a typical day when everyone is gone. I don’t have any outdoor camera alarms set but I have indoor cameras active to record… but no alarms as my dog runs around. The door and window sensors will alarm.

Home: typical day I have driveway and backyard cameras record and notify me. But everything else off.

Nighttime: I have a custom mode called “goodnight” set for 11pm-5am when we are typically all locked in for the evening. All outdoor cams and the window and door sensors on the main floor are set to alarm.

Get the point here? I also have modes called “sun” ( for when the sun and wind will spin my cams out of control) and “test” ( one that I change all the time for specific reasons).

Keypad gives you extra “off” mode… but it’s not just disarm. It’s fully customizable. (So nice) I use it to shut off everything but the farthest driveway cam. That way the fam can’t shut off everything from the keypad.

75% of the time I never have to mess with anything. The schedule does most of the job.

Hope that helps.

1 Like