Is Homebase 3 wireless connection strength better than HB2?

The wireless strength of the HB2 is not good enough to get through more than 1 modern thick house wall plus a few meters of space, leading to restrictions on where I can place cameras (sensors may not be such a problem?).
So, is the Homebase 3 wireless connection strength better than HB2? I need a booster, but that is not possible with the proprietary HB2 wireless format. Great if HB3 addresses this…

just in case you are not aware or for anyone else that has a Hb2 and is looking at the Hb3. the Hb3 does not have built in wifi capability like the Hb2. you will need to have it plugged directly into your modem or router. the only other option is if you have a mesh network with nodes that have ethernet connections. but more specific to your question. i am finding the Hb3 far better with range. i have 2 cameras over 80ft away from the Hb3 going thru 8 to 10 walls and the signal strength is pegged. the cameras have not buffered like they did when i had them connected to the Hb2 (which i had to have no more then 40ft away).

Thanks for the answer to my question D! II do not need mesh and I can live with the wired HB3, but what I cannot live with is the pathetic range of the HB2. Great to hear the new version improved this. Now I need to wait till they are available in my country…

Basically what you are telling me is that HB3 is better if you have a wifi mesh setup, since the cameras will connect by default through the mesh rather than trying to connect directly to HB2.

Now, if only I can get a straight answer about how access stored video segments when you add an additional 2.5" hdd to HB3 (e.g., does it look like a NAS/share drive, etc.)

Hi Ginko, I think that this is not the way that mesh would be used because the mesh is a facility of the routers WiFi, not of the HB3. That is: the HB3 would connect to internet using mesh and an access point to the mesh compatible router and then the Eufy cameras need to connect using the HB3’s own (and improved?) 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz Wi-Fi. It does not seem to have 5GHz from the specs I saw.
D, can you confirm?

@jul3628 is correct… A Mesh Network or a Wireless Repeater can be used for both HB2 and HB3. Though the HB3 needs to be connected via Ethernet cable because HB3 has no Wireless Wi-Fi support to connect wirelessly to your router / modem, So the mesh node or repeater that’s connected wirelessly to your router / modem would need to have an ethernet port on it to physically connect it to your HB3.

HomeBases transmit / receive their own Wi-Fi to communicate with their devices.

Found this on their website, copied and paste:
Note: HomeBase 3 can only be connected to the router by cable to ensure a perfect connection. HomeBase 3 can not connect to your network via Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi repeater function of Homebase 3 supports 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi only.

This thread still does not have an answer to whether the HB3 wireless connection to the cameras is improved over the HB2.

Leaving a comment because I couldn’t find much information on the homebase 3 range.

HB3 is much better than the HB2. I have an Eufy dual cam doorbell on my front gate which is approx. 30m from my HB3/house.

When I had the HB2, the connection was very weak and the doorbell would ALWAYS go offline.

Now I tried the HB3 after seeing one comment suggesting the HB3 connectivity is better… and I can confirm that is true! My doorbell now works perfectly and the connection is full bars. Everything works so much better and the doorbell no longer goes offline.

The Homebase3 offers improved wireless connectivity compared to the homebase2. While the HB@ may have limitations in terms of wireless signal strength, the HB3 is designed the provide a more robust and reliable wireless connection. It should offer better coverage and penetration through walls, allowing for greater flexibility in camera placement within your home. Regards